Journey/Quest - best cabins?

BrendaJ

Does anyone out there have any idea if there is a list of larger balconies/bigger cabins for the new Journey and Quest like there are for the M-class ships? I searched the Princess boards and Oceania boards hoping to come across something showing a list of the more desirable staterooms, but I haven't found anything yet.

Thanks Jan - if that's the case, then we're fine. I just wanted to make sure that we weren't missing out on some fabulous 2A cabin with a balcony 4X the size of the regular ones (like the ones our friends had on the Galaxy last week - their balcony was huge compared to ours, but they were booked in the same category as we were.)

BrendaJ,

Does anyone out there have any idea if there is a list of larger balconies/bigger cabins for the new Journey and Quest like there are for the M-class ships? I searched the Princess boards and Oceania boards hoping to come across something showing a list of the more desirable staterooms, but I haven't found anything yet.

I'm one of those people who thinks that any cabin is wonderful, so long as it's on the ship rather than on the beach....

The "Sunset Veranda" cabins, located between the "Penthouse Suites" and the centerline on decks six, seven, and eight, have much larger balconies than the "Deluxe Veranda" cabins, but they also have less desirable locations (either all the way forward or all the way aft) from the standpoint of motion and, in the case of the forward cabins, wind. All of the "Deluxe Veranda" cabins are identical except for the ADA wheelchair cabins, which are about 50% larger (the same size as the Sky Suites).

Norm.

Norm, its only deck 6 that the SV are very large, they get smaller on deck 7 and evn less on deck 8..and on deck 6 you get a lot of vibration in addition to the aft location..which having been in the Suites on those decks..the only deck I didnt like was 6..7 was fine...

Jan

Jancruz1, we're looking for an outside midship on Journey for S. America 1/28/07 and I'm a light sleeper. Any suggestions? (I was thinking Cat 7; I don't really care if it's partially obstructed - quiet is more important. And, not all partially obstructeds are so bad.)

Thats because all the sky suites are the same size, ALL OF THE VERANDA cabins inside are the exact same size..if you will give me a list of what you are looking at I will be happy to comment..

Jan

We are looking at sky suites 8070, 8071, 8073. Obviously they are all aft - but someone at Celebrity told me that they are not as far aft as they appear due to the way the ship is longer on deck 6 & 7...so those suites are closer to mid ship than the ones below it.??? I see that those sky suites are right next to the penthouse suites (except for the one suite). Any thoughts on this location, re noise, covered balconies or sun lit ones, etc.) ? Thanks for your info/advice. I am told that deck 8 is the deck undergoing most of the renovations on this ship. swiss

Hi Jan

We have booked Sky Suite no 8049 for our cruise to Bermuda this June. Do you have any info on this cabin please. Is it in a good location. As the deck plans are not really to scale I wont to make sure that I am not going to be too far forward. Thanks for all the help you are giving everyone regarding the Journey and Quest - you are a star.

Marilyn

Jancruz1, we're looking for an outside midship on Journey for S. America 1/28/07 and I'm a light sleeper. Any suggestions? (I was thinking Cat 7; I don't really care if it's partially obstructed - quiet is more important. And, not all partially obstructeds are so bad.)

Try for 6030 or 6033 they are the least obstructed category 7 cabins.

Deck four starboard are also vey quiet..

Jan

Hi Jan

We have booked Sky Suite no 8049 for our cruise to Bermuda this June. Do you have any info on this cabin please. Is it in a good location. As the deck plans are not really to scale I wont to make sure that I am not going to be too far forward. Thanks for all the help you are giving everyone regarding the Journey and Quest - you are a star.

Marilyn

Unfortunately Oceania and Celebrity Journey are different on deck 8 and no one has seen Journey yet (I will be on 9/1) My favorite stateroom on Oceania and one that I travel in all the time (leaving for 35 days 3/31) is 8049 I love it because it is quiet and very convenient..I hope it is the same on Journey..

Jan

Try for 6030 or 6033 they are the least obstructed category 7 cabins.

Deck four starboard are also vey quiet..

Jan

Thanks Jan! A couple follow-up questions if you don't mind. Right now I'm booked in 6040 port cat.7 cabin. Would 6030 or 6033 be as quiet? is there a promenade deck outside our window with lifeboats hanging down or what? We're sailing Buenos Aires to Rio RT for Carnaval. Is there any way to tell which side of the ship will be facing the port in Rio vs. facing the sea?

Thanks Jan! A couple follow-up questions if you don't mind. Right now I'm booked in 6040 port cat.7 cabin. Would 6030 or 6033 be as quiet? is there a promenade deck outside our window with lifeboats hanging down or what? We're sailing Buenos Aires to Rio RT for Carnaval. Is there any way to tell which side of the ship will be facing the port in Rio vs. facing the sea?

No promenade or deck outside cabins on deck 6..in fact on any deck with cabins..just the lifeboats hanging down depending on what tenders they use for tendering ports that might make a difference and that I dont know since Celebrity is just starting to sail them..the ship is really quiet well insulated (unless they are dropping the tender outside your window) You might be better with a deck four starboard cabin....I just thought you might like to see a little more..

There is no way to tell about the port as the ship usually gets docking information a few days before..I usually take starboard and have city toward us 50% of the time!

Jan

Archived