CC Home--At Your Service: Past Passenger Programs

dwrist

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=73#ncl

On this page it talks about the Past Passenger Programs in place on cruiselines. Under NCL, it says that NCL cruises Australia/New Zealand. Am I missing something? :confused:

As I am a man of reason and logic, a warrior poet some say, we shall speak of alternate answers to your question.

One - NCL may or may not have future plans to add itineraries in ANZSPAC. Perhaps the writer and/or editors have more information than we do.

Two - A three word typographical error was made. I understand this happens when you use your hands to type.

Other than that did you enjoy the very interesting and quite informative article?

As I am a man of reason and logic, a warrior poet some say, we shall speak of alternate answers to your question.

One - NCL may or may not have future plans to add itineraries in ANZSPAC. Perhaps the writer and/or editors have more information than we do. (if it not public knowledge, they have no business spilling the beans before the company. If it was announced by the company, my question would not be here!)

Two - A three word typographical error was made. I understand this happens when you use your hands to type. (not a bother to me)

Other than that did you enjoy the very interesting and quite informative article?

Inaccurate information being stated by a journalist is a bother. A person spends four years in college, graduates with a degree in journalism, start their writing careers and cannot write the truth, something is amiss somewhere. JMHO

Under NCL, it says that NCL cruises Australia/New Zealand. Am I missing something? :confused:
I cruised from Singapore to Sydney on the NCL Wind a few years ago stopping in several places in Australia. Not sure if and when they'll return to the area.

Inaccurate information being stated by a journalist is a bother. A person spends four years in college, graduates with a degree in journalism, start their writing careers and cannot write the truth, something is amiss somewhere. JMHO

In my century, we don't leap to leap to conclusions like that stated above nor do we deliberately downgrade other sentient beings.

Starfleet gives us early training in reasonable anaylsys -

1. You do not know the information is inaccurate - indeed our esteemd hostess has indicated that NCL has sailed those waters - they might again

2. You do not know that the journalist has attended college, graduated, what hte degree is inor anything else about her

3. If you do not know the facts for certain, you may be making libelous and defamatory statements by asserting the accusation of lies.

The writer appears to have written many articles for Cruise Critic, and one can only assume that she would not be asked back if the work was not impeccable.

JMHO, does that mean just my haughty opinion?

My starship awaits.......

I cruised from Singapore to Sydney on the NCL Wind a few years ago stopping in several places in Australia. Not sure if and when they'll return to the area.

Cecilia! I remember when you did that! Seems like a lifetime ago, doesn't it?

That article was written almost three years ago and recently updated. Thank you, dwrist, for your observation. As items are rotated to the front page, efforts are made to insure that they're timely and accurate. Occasionally there are things that are missed.

I've alerted the editors to the discrepancy. Thanks again.

Jana

That article was written almost three years ago and recently updated. Thank you, dwrist, for your observation. As items are rotated to the front page, efforts are made to insure that they're timely and accurate. Occasionally there are things that are missed.

Jana

Hi Jana,

I did not look at the journalist that wrote the article. The post was not aimed at you.:)

I was hoping it was true as that is a destination we are interested in cruising and would prefer NCL.

It really was a lifetime ago. I thought it was a few years but it was December 2001 to January 2002. Five years! Wow...time flies. I remember NCL doing a BIG push for cruises in the Asian market but if I remember correctly there were supply issues, to name a few, and I haven't seen them in that part of the world since. My cruise started in Singapore with stops in Malaysia and then on to Australia (Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Sydney) celebrating the new year at sea. Nineteen day cruise with three day post stay in Sydney. Great trip. Had a fantastic post cruise stay at a fancy hotel adjacent to Hyde Park. It was booked through NCL and it was the first post cruise I'd ever done with the cruise line and it was a good one.

Thanks, Jana, for the nice words.

Indeed, while we are creditable journalists (seriously) and we do our best to get everything as correct as it should be, things change and sometimes get past us. We're human. This site is huge. We have a million stories. I exaggerate only slightly about the last comment.

We love it -- and I mean this -- when readers write to me to let me know they've spotted something that's no longer accurate. Please feel free to drop me a note at editor@cruisecritic.com anytime. You have no idea how much we appreciate a heads up when you find one....

And now I'm going in to fix it!

Best,

Carolyn

Jana

Hi Jana,

I did not look at the journalist that wrote the article. The post was not aimed at you.:)

I was hoping it was true as that is a destination we are interested in cruising and would prefer NCL.

If, indeed, that was your true intention, you should have phrased your question in a less accusatory manner and not have responded to my post of suggested clarification with a tone of sheer nastiness and venom toward the writer.

I would have preferable if you had mentioned that you were interested ine the destination rather than behave as if someone was pulling a fast one on you.

I am happy you can see that our hostess, editor and writers are lovely and gracious regarding this small and relatively inconsequential error.

Happy Cruising.

If, indeed, that was your true intention, you should have phrased your question in a less accusatory manner and not have responded to my post of suggested clarifiacation with a tone of sheer nastiness and venom toward hte writer.

I would have preferable if you hade mentioned that you were interested int he destination rather than behave as if someone was pulling a fast one on you.

I am happy you can see that our hostess, editor and writers are lovely and gracious reagrding this small and realtively inconsequential error.

Happy Cruising.

Jean Luc--you are not as intelligent as your alias was. I accused no one of underhandedness in my orginal post. You posed that. I have my answer, the truth is now changed and you can go back to the Borgs.;)

It really was a lifetime ago. I thought it was a few years but it was December 2001 to January 2002. Five years! Wow...time flies. I remember NCL doing a BIG push for cruises in the Asian market but if I remember correctly there were supply issues, to name a few, and I haven't seen them in that part of the world since. My cruise started in Singapore with stops in Malaysia and then on to Australia (Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Sydney) celebrating the new year at sea. Nineteen day cruise with three day post stay in Sydney. Great trip. Had a fantastic post cruise stay at a fancy hotel adjacent to Hyde Park. It was booked through NCL and it was the first post cruise I'd ever done with the cruise line and it was a good one.

Wasn't Crown part of Orient back then too? The history part of my brain is fried at the moment but I do remember it. I think I was just starting to lurk on the boards at that time.

Jana

Wasn't Crown part of Orient back then too? The history part of my brain is fried at the moment but I do remember it. I think I was just starting to lurk on the boards at that time.
Yes, the Crown wasn't in the fleet yet.
---While we are on the subject of cruises back when, was NCL part of the Star cruises back then? Is that why NCL did the South Pacific/Far East route? And what are the chances of NCL doing them again? :)
If I remember correctly, NCL had been bought by Star in 2000. The Star (ship) was brought into the fleet after originally being designed for Star cruises and debuted in November 2001 so 2000 sounds right. There are a few reviews from early 2002 of those itineraries: NCL Wind Reviews You'll read about tour operator problems and supply problems in the reviews. Good question about whether or not they'll go back. I think it would be great if they do. Sailing into Sydney under the Harbour Bridge was quite a sight. Later that same day we climbed to the top of that bridge!

Yikes! This is a touchy thread- and I'm trying to figure out what it means??? What's the three word mistake? Time to go click on the link ASAP.

Cecilia- just wanted to say- haven't been on the NCL board in a while as my last cruise was HAL...

BUT

Your baby is so cute!! I can't believe how much he has grown- yet he looks exactly like his baby pictures! You must be so happy. I have five sons- you might remember- they are so fun, aren't they?

Yikes! This is a touchy thread- and I'm trying to figure out what it means??? What's the three word mistake? Time to go click on the link ASAP.

Your baby is so cute!! I can't believe how much he has grown- yet he looks exactly like his baby pictures!

The three-word mistake was that Australia/New Zealand was left in the NCL portion of the updated Past Guest Program article. dwrist thought that meant it lacked journalistic integrity, but in fact, it was simply an oversight which has been corrected.

*I* remember Cecilia's wedding plans, her marriage, her honeymoon, her pregnancy and the birth of Nathan. I already feel older just thinking about it.

Jana

One - NCL may or may not have future plans to add itineraries in ANZSPAC. Perhaps the writer and/or editors have more information than we do.

Two - A three word typographical error was made. I understand this happens when you use your hands to type.

The three-word mistake was that Australia/New Zealand was left in the NCL portion of the updated Past Guest Program article. dwrist thought that meant it lacked journalistic integrity, but in fact, it was simply an oversight which has been corrected.

*I* remember Cecilia's wedding plans, her marriage, her honeymoon, her pregnancy and the birth of Nathan. I already feel older just thinking about it.

Jana

If I am not mistaken (and Jana, you made sure to tell me if I am wrong), journalistic intergrity also means before publishing old information, the accuracy is checked so as not to decieve the reading public. :mad:

If I am not mistaken (and Jana, you made sure to tell me if I am wrong), journalistic intergrity also means before publishing old information, the accuracy is checked so as not to decieve the reading public. :mad:

Of course you'd be correct, dwrist, if deception were the objective. But mistakes happen. Probably not with you, but with the rest of the human world.

If the editor of Cruise Critic coming here to respond to you, to explain that "we're human," and my apology for the oversight doesn't quell your bile, well, what more can I say? Don't you think you're being just the tiniest bit unreasonable?

Jana

• Administrators

Here's the corrected version of our At Your Service - Past Passenger Programs

As already mentioned, thanks for the heads up. As our Editor said, we welcome feedback regading editorial features all the time, which you can send to: Feedback@cruisecritic.com

Laura

Cecilia- just wanted to say- haven't been on the NCL board in a while as my last cruise was HAL...BUT Your baby is so cute!! I can't believe how much he has grown- yet he looks exactly like his baby pictures! You must be so happy.
Thank you for saying such nice things. I use me avatar as Nathan's photo album. Some people are offended but I don't care. Just wait until we have another one! Then they'll really hate my avatar. LOL
Me too!

Thank you Laura for the updated information..

Archived