Terrace/Tapas Attire

george/patricia

As a first timer on Oceania (Nov. Amazon River) I was wondering what the dress code is for these restaurants? At breakfast can you wear a bathing suit with a nice top and sandals? - especially if you are going to stick around the pool area for the rest of the day. For lunch/supper what do people wear at these restaurants? Can you wear shorts etc. at Tapas for supper. I recently received the Ragatta brochere and I almost feel like running out to a Hugo Boss store for a new set of clothing. I also would like to know if we can walk/jog on the track in the evening or is it to dark? Thanks.

I think dress shorts for the evening in Tapas is acceptable

For breakfast/lunch in the Terrace most people wore shorts/shirt over their swimsuits or a cover-up most just ate at Waves

In the dining room for lunch no swimsuits that I saw.

The track is lit up at night but it may be wet as the crew seem to washdown the pool deck during the dinner hours.

Dress shorts in Tappas is acceptable per the ship’s dress code. It is published in the daily newsletter, but I didn't notice until late in our 10 day cruise. The one night we ate at Tappas we did wear dress shorts, and so did others.

Our only question about the dress code was since shorts are OK for Tappas, how about during the rest of the evening? Most ships have a dress code for the entire evening, but it was not clear on the Regatta. My wife thought she saw an unapproving glance from someone as we strolled through the main deck on the way to Tappas. (May have been her imagination.) So we decided after dinner, to go back to the cabin and change back to the standard dressy casual clothes (in my case, just changed from shorts to Dockers.)

The dress code during the day is very causal, similar to every other cruise line I have been on. I would not worry about day wear.

There is a jogging track on the deck above the pool that is open 24x7. It is short so it takes a lot of laps to make any distance, but what is nice is that there are no deck chairs on that deck to trip over. I agree with the previous poster that this deck can be wet (cleaning or weather).

Big Julie...Why don't you join the Roll call for the Nov. Amazon cruise..So far there are three couples signed up but we'll have friends who are also going to be joining us on the cruise...

Here is the URL for the Roll Call thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9258138#post9258138

Betty

I've noticed this on other posts but Im not sure what Roll Call means - we are new to cruising.

It means ..people sailing on the same cruise get together online and discuss things like what to do in the ports of call, private tours, hotels pre or post stay & generally get to know each other before hand.

Some arrange a meeting once onboard to see who you have been chatting with...we did this on our cruise & it was lots of fun

Hi Big Julie...LHT summed it up perfectly...

After final payment & as we get closer to departure more & more discussions will be going on the Roll Call thread..We introduce ourselves on the thread & usually the person who starts the thread make arrangements for us to meet once or twice while on board ... Of course, there is no obligation on our parts to stay together but occasionally you meet one or two other couples who really hit it off & you see more of them on board..

We still keep in touch with several people we've met through Cruise Critic from other cruises..

One thing I prefer not to do is give our last names, or our cabin No's, or our regular e-mail address out on the CC boards..However, have set up a Yahoo e-mail just for our Cruise Critic Friends to contact us & it really works out very well that way.. After we meet & get to know the people, we then decide if we want to give them our personal info..

Hope you decide to join us..:) Betty & John

Hi Betty & John: Since we like to stick to ourselves this does not appeal but

what we would be interested in is sharing costs on some private tours or sharing a taxi to a beach (which is our favorite thing to do especially in the Carib.) Many thanks for the info and invitation. G & P.

Archived