Denali shuttle- which one??

1stcruiser1

We will be arriving at Denali on the train at noon then transfer to lodge (I don't know how long that takes). I am wondering which shuttle to take, the 3:00 Toklat or the 6:00 Polychrome.

I would like to do the earlier one but don't know if we would be rushed and possibly not make it. I was also thinking to just buy both sets and if we can make the early one get a refund for the later shuttle -$4.00 each per ticket. Any thoughts or experience will help. Thank you

You are coming from Fairbanks?? You should not have any problem making the 3pm shuttle. BUT verify with the lodge you are staying at, what their shuttle schedule is- some are not all that frequent. Also be sure the Access Center is a stop, and not just the visiter center.

We are on the same itinerary and have reserved the 3:00 shuttle to Toklat. From what I've read on these boards, the shuttle from Denali Princess lodge runs frequently throughout the day. We're hoping we will not have a problem making it to the 3 p.m. park shuttle--and hopefully will have time to grab some lunch and snacks first. Our concern is getting back to the lodge after the park shuttle returns to the access center. Another poster said they were able to get a Red Line shuttle from the visitors center back to the lodge after the Princess shuttle stopped its run for the day.

Yes I had heard about the red line shuttle too. I had called Princess and asked about shuttles late in the evening and they said they run till 12:30a.m., which would be great,. I don't know if that is something new but noone else has ever mentioned it so I don't know if the Princess person is right or not!

Since you are on the iterany would you please post about it when you get back? You go before we do and I would love to hear about it.

Archived