Inspiration or Enchantment of the Seas

Ashlea13vb

Hi all - my family and I are planning a cruise to celebrate my parent's 30th anniverary and an "important" birthday for my mom. We've narrowed it down to two - either the four-day Enchantment of the Seas to Key West/Cozumel from Ft. Lauderdale or the four-day Inspiration to Cozumel from Tampa.

Both cruises leave the same day. My parents live near Tampa, so the Carnival option is "more" convenient, although it is not too bad to drive to Ft. Lauderdale either (I live in DC, so will be flying either way). And, the RCI option gives us another port, but we're in Cozumel for longer with Carnival.

So, I'm turning to the experts for advice - I've never sailed either line; my parents have sailed both (never these ships) and have a slight preference for Royal Caribbean. Does anyone have any thoughts about the differences in these cruises (seeing that they have so many similarities)? We are pretty laid back people - just want to spend time together. From what I've read, the Carnival food may have a slight advantage, but the RCI ships are more "pleasant" on the eyes. But what else!? (Note: I've posted a similar thread in the RCI board to see if I can get some insight over there, too.)

Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on both ships - Enchantment was my first "real" cruise and Inspiration was just a few weeks ago.

Remember, this is IMO. I am 35 years old and a female.

I prefer Carnival over RCL - maybe I shouldn't judge since I've only been on one RCL cruise and it could have been the group I was with (65 women from a hair salon).

Enchantment just seemed way too formal for me. Evening attire seemed formal every night. Women wore formal gowns every night and men were in tuxes each night. I dressed up but not in formal attire. I've seen the best shows, comedians, entertainment on CCL. Entertainment on RCL seemed to have been in the "formal" mode also.

As far as decoration on the ship, IMO they are the same. Some areas decorated "way out there". :p

Also, I like the cabins on CCL much better. Seem to have more floor space and more storage space.

I guess only you will know what you like better!!! :rolleyes:

- I've never sailed either line; my parents have sailed both (never these ships) and have a slight preference for Royal Caribbean. !

You said it all here in this one line........

Parents have a preference for RCCL.....

"Why are you even thinking about this...??????:eek:

Hi all - my family and I are planning a cruise to celebrate my parent's 30th anniverary and an "important" birthday for my mom. We've narrowed it down to two - either the four-day Enchantment of the Seas to Key West/Cozumel from Ft. Lauderdale or the four-day Inspiration to Cozumel from Tampa.

Both cruises leave the same day. My parents live near Tampa, so the Carnival option is "more" convenient, although it is not too bad to drive to Ft. Lauderdale either (I live in DC, so will be flying either way). And, the RCI option gives us another port, but we're in Cozumel for longer with Carnival.

So, I'm turning to the experts for advice - I've never sailed either line; my parents have sailed both (never these ships) and have a slight preference for Royal Caribbean. Does anyone have any thoughts about the differences in these cruises (seeing that they have so many similarities)? We are pretty laid back people - just want to spend time together. From what I've read, the Carnival food may have a slight advantage, but the RCI ships are more "pleasant" on the eyes. But what else!? (Note: I've posted a similar thread in the RCI board to see if I can get some insight over there, too.)

Thanks so much!

I am confused....:confused:

You have a countdown clock going about your family cruise in 47 days on the Enchantment....Why did you post this question.....?????

Why are you waisting everyones time...?????:confused:

Given the history, I'll go with Enchantment as the best fit for you.

Considering total cruise experience it's a close call, maybe even a dead heat but since you have indicated a preference to RCL, I'd go with that. Otherwise you'll be onboard the CCL ship second-guessing yeah or nea on if you made the right choice

Now, just to muddle up the works; the Carnival sailing to Coz is a unique, one port sailing that you just have to do to believe how cool that can be. If you've been to Coz before you can appreciate that, if not it will take some imagination (the state of mind, not the ship) to realize how nicely framed THE port of call is on that unique sailing.

Ask somebody who has done it: with the focus on just one port everybody is totally committed to a great time...it's not like you can blow off this one port because the next one will be better...the "next one" = time to go home. Ick.

Archived