Beach BBQ or Deck BBQ

BostonBrahmin

I really was disappointed on my last cruise on the Pride from Barbardos when we didn't have a Deck BBQ.

I was told that the head office told them either Beach BBQ or Deck BBQ not both.

I was also told they would be alternating weeks. So one week gets the beach the next week gets the deck.

I think that stinks....

>"I was told that the head office told them either Beach BBQ or Deck BBQ not both."

They are both very labor intensive; I think that is the reasoning. Did you have a 'Rock the Boat' entertainment evening? Often that's combined with a "Flambe Dessert" event on deck.

On my 3 week med cruise we had the deck bar-b-que each week, but no beach bar-b-que. On the Panama Canal cruises we had both. It might be because the cruise segment is more than a week. Just a guess.

Host Dan

> Did you have a 'Rock the Boat' entertainment evening? Often that's combined with a "Flambe Dessert" event on deck.

BB is not a deck BBQ person. I like the formal restaurant. But I really would like to see the 'Rock the Boat' show. :)

BB is not a deck BBQ person. I like the formal restaurant. But I really would like to see the 'Rock the Boat' show. :)

I am surprised there wasn't one on your last cruise. It's a favorite show.

Jane (See, Matt, I did it!<g>)

We feel the same as you, so we enjoy dinner in the dinning room--then hit the deck for "Rock the Boat". We have done this on our last two cruises, and it has worked out real well. So few people in the dinning room, service can be quick--you miss none of the deck show! Don

Matt,

The Sky Grill dinner is a set menu. Salad bar, then you have a couple of choices as to your entree. Time is 7:30 to 9:30. As Andres has only 40 seats, reservations should be made early in the day. During the Christmas/New Year's sailing, the Sky Grill was quite popular~~the Caribbean evenings are so beautiful.

See 'ya soon!

Martita B.

On our 7 day Caribbean cruise last April we didn't get a marina day OR a beach barbecue (did get a deck barbecue). Since both of these are particularly featured as highlights in Seabourn's marketing materials, we were really disappointed. Personally, I think each week-long Caribbean segment should have either a marina day or a beach barbecue or preferably both!

Personally, I think each week-long Caribbean segment should have either a marina day or a beach barbecue or preferably both!

I don't think you're alone with that opinion. Virgin Gorda always makes for a great day. However in '06 there was no Galley Buffet Luncheon on the last sea day like there was in '05. I missed that and mentioned it on the comment card. We did have a nice "Rock the Boat" show up top the last evening which was a nice finale. Jan, David E. and Marla shook it real good.

I don't think you're alone with that opinion. Virgin Gorda always makes for a great day. However in '06 there was no Galley Buffet Luncheon on the last sea day like there was in '05. I missed that and mentioned it on the comment card. We did have a nice "Rock the Boat" show up top the last evening which was a nice finale. Jan, David E. and Marla shook it real good.

I hate to say this, but.... I think the rock the boat show is a bit "stale"...

(seen it like 12 X's)

Host Dan

HD, it was the first time for me! I really liked how it ended the cruise in an upbeat way (probably 40-50 of the passengers were dancing). I've been on too many other cruises which have very minimal entertainment on the last night.

The only thing stale I found on board was the financial guest speaker ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.

johnny

Archived