Summit Question

EmJakeBubbie

ok' date=' I'm freaked! POD problem threat? possibly inferior bedding? might run out of fresh food? and can't rent the tux on board! ok, so here's my plan:

IF the pod messes up and we get shipboard credit, I'm heading to the jewelry counter:D IF we get invited to special dining, we'll have to decline and that's all there is to it (according to posters, I have nothing to worry about as more than likely, we won't get an invite -- I'll be sure to report back here on what happens). IF we miss ports, the only one I'm concerned about is Skagway as we did rent an AVIS car, but could call ahead and cancel, if need be. It's a ship; on water. Anything can happen - that really is part of travel. I really appreciate everything each of you have shared as it helps to be prepared. I totally forgot about the pod-thing when I booked the SUMMIT. I would think by now this issue is resolved? As tis said: any day on a ship at sea is better than a day in the office! agree?:)

With your great attitude, you'll have a wonderful cruise! Enjoy.

Karyn

EmJake's Bubbie, why are you leaving formal attire at home? Even if you don't sit with the captain, you still need it for dinner at a regular table on formal night, unless you plan to eat at the casual dining venue. Celebrity wants you to stay in formal wear for the rest of the evening. It's tough to predict what the wardrobe police might do. They might or might not turn you away if you go to the theater and/or other public areas in more casual/informal clothes, even if you ate in the casual dining venue.

Re: Summit--we sailed her from Seward to Vancouver in Aug. '03 after a 5 day land tour. No pod problems and wonderful food/service/excursions/entertainment. It was a great trip, land and sea. It was our first Celebrity cruise and a smaller ship, but we had a great time and would sail Summit again if she fit our itinerary needs.

1/02 Explorer E. CArib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska Cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ + extra days in Sydney and Aukland

:) We have sailed on Summit in the Caribbean 10 night cruise.She is great ship.Although my concern is the ships propolsion system .It has broken down.

We have a major decision to make as to what ship we sail on for our June 2008 June 2008 Cruise from Vansouver to Seward. Because we are Elite/Diamond either X or RCL is just fine.RCL sails the Brillance class ships & we were on the Serenade of the Seas May 2006 from SD to Vancouver.Serenade is a gorgeous ship as well.

Our plans call for 3 cabins & 6 in our group .after the cruise we planed a 10 day land trip into the interior .I have palned this trip to a nats eye lash with regards to saving money.We use 2 cpm books & get 2 nights hoel for one nights charge ,meals half price & tours 2 for one .

We are paying for our adult daughters cruise,cruise tips,a 2 night suite in Anchorage & one night in Vancouver pre cruise & we are renting a mini van .all our food, great hotel locations & quality hotels & many tours included .the whole trip will cost me $5500 & that includes a 5% squeaky room overage.

Trust me thaqt when you work on a trip planing on the internet you can save a lot & still have a fun time:D

cruie4ever - LOL - u sure have the HowToSave figured out and GoodForYou! We work the $$ when the kinder travel w/us, but this June on the Summit is my special celebration, so spending too much is just what I'm doing, hoping the experience will be worth it. don't ya just luv the ConciergeClub when "the bar opens"?. We're sailing the SERENADE for the 3rd time 12/8/07, very similiar to the JEWEL that we just completed. Both very fine ships. Believe it or not, my fav ship, for all around everything, is the Sovereign of the Seas. we've avoided the largest of the large ships....Kathie44 - I take a simple long black gown which is easy to pack. DH takes a jacket w/dark polo shirts to button to the neck but NoTie/NoFormalDressShirt - those days are over as w/most sailings, the "formal" mandate is not enforced. That being said, we recognize X is a little more enforcing. We plan to make alternative dining on "formal" nights.

EJB, you are destined for a most wonderful cruise:) ... you see it the way I see it. I'm on a cruise, I don't have to lift a finger, I'm seeing incredible sights ... how bad can it possibly be???

I go on every cruise knowing I'll have a heavenly time. I've never been disappointed in over 20 years. Have a ball!:D

HeatherInFlorida - comes w/age, yes? luv your address! our friends just bought a house down there - have seen the pix - WOW! there was only one time we were ever 'disappointed' on a cruise - it happened to be a Carnival ship - we knew we were in for "it" when, as we sailed away from the pier, canned music played "Anchors Aweigh" - we looked at each other and burst out in laughter - it got worse as the cruise went along, but everything was so horrible it was a LOL to us! We had taken those funny glasses w/the nose connected (black plastic) - everytime photographer tried to take our picture, we put them on - y'know, that photographer did not see our humor, but we thought we were LOL - one photo actually did make the 'board' - made everyone laugh, tho we never gave ourselves away. Sometimes, ya just gotta make your "own kind o music...sing your own special song..."

ok' date=' I'm freaked! POD problem threat? possibly inferior bedding? might run out of fresh food? and can't rent the tux on board! ok, so here's my plan:

IF the pod messes up and we get shipboard credit, I'm heading to the jewelry counter:D IF we get invited to special dining, we'll have to decline and that's all there is to it (according to posters, I have nothing to worry about as more than likely, we won't get an invite -- I'll be sure to report back here on what happens). IF we miss ports, the only one I'm concerned about is Skagway as we did rent an AVIS car, but could call ahead and cancel, if need be. It's a ship; on water. Anything can happen - that really is part of travel. I really appreciate everything each of you have shared as it helps to be prepared. I totally forgot about the pod-thing when I booked the SUMMIT. I would think by now this issue is resolved? As tis said: any day on a ship at sea is better than a day in the office! agree?:)

Chances of pod problems are small (I don't know the exact numbers, but I think Summit has had pod problems on only 1%-2% of it's sailings). Moreover, if you should be unfortunate enough to be on one of these rare cruises with pod problems, it doesn't mean you won't still have a great cruise. I did on my so-called "cruise from hell" with pod problems...

Archived