Name of song sung at dinner

habby

HELP!!

Trying to remember a song the waiters sang at dinner. It's a recent cover of an oldies tune and there's kind of an "ooh-ah" pause in the chorus.

Any ideas?? Anybody??

HELP!!

Trying to remember a song the waiters sang at dinner. It's a recent cover of an oldies tune and there's kind of an "ooh-ah" pause in the chorus.

Any ideas?? Anybody??

On the last night of my cruise on the Pride they sang a "cover" of "Leaving On a Jet Plane" with some different lyrics though.

On the last night of my cruise on the Pride they sang a "cover" of "Leaving On a Jet Plane" with some different lyrics though.

I cry every time they sing that (but I can't wait to hear it again!!)

The tune I'm thinking of is more upbeat. With each "ooh" and "ah" the hands go up, both hands to the right side and then both to the left side (or vice versa, that doesn't really matter) kind of like a tap dancing/old musical type move.

I cry every time they sing that (but I can't wait to hear it again!!)

:D I thought *I* was the only one who got teary eyed when they heard that song on the last night. You don't know how much better that makes me feel, ROFLMBO.:D

"Leaving...our Fun Ship....la la la la la la la la la"

The song is played through the speaker system at times as well. It is " Hey Baby " (I want to know if you'll be my girl) I thought it was fun, as the waiters we had really got into it.

THAT'S IT!!

YAHOOOOOO!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

:D I thought *I* was the only one who got teary eyed when they heard that song on the last night. You don't know how much better that makes me feel, ROFLMBO.:D

"Leaving...our Fun Ship....la la la la la la la la la"

And do your tablemates laugh before the first tear falls, too? :o

it was just DH and I and our friends at a booth for 4. I don't think they even noticed, LOL. :p

In thinking about it, people can debate the pros and cons of each line, bitch til they turn blue, rant about personal preference, blah blah blah....but when your vacation is so special to you that it moves you that way, it says something about the service you received on your vacation and the quality of your vacation provided by that company.

No matter how much I cruise in the future (and I hope it will be many times), I am so determined NOT to turn into one of those people who cruises so often they don't even bother to get off the ship or even notice which port they're in...taking for granted the amazing opportunities they're presented with, that's almost sad to me. *warm fuzzies....57 days to go!*:)

it was just DH and I and our friends at a booth for 4. I don't think they even noticed, LOL. :p

In thinking about it, people can debate the pros and cons of each line, bitch til they turn blue, rant about personal preference, blah blah blah....but when your vacation is so special to you that it moves you that way, it says something about the service you received on your vacation and the quality of your vacation provided by that company.

No matter how much I cruise in the future (and I hope it will be many times), I am so determined NOT to turn into one of those people who cruises so often they don't even bother to get off the ship or even notice which port they're in...taking for granted the amazing opportunities they're presented with, that's almost sad to me. *warm fuzzies....57 days to go!*:)

I couldn't have said it better. I'm sure that's why, even though we have a cruise coming up, we're already thinking about next year. Thanks for a great start to my weekend.

For anyone who cares about this kind of stuff:

The original was recorded by Bruce Channel in 1962 and then,,,

In 2001, 20-year-old Austrian producer/DJ Gerry Friedle, who performed under the name of DJ Otzi, recorded a Euro Dance version of this with added "ooh aahs." When he was a DJ he was always doing "ooh aahs" and he found the audience loved it.

Now, I just gotta get the DH to work his magic and get this downloaded so I can put it on our slide show (the one I'm still working on from last April:o )

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!

thanks a lot,: I was trying to FORGET singing waiters!;) :D :eek:

That's OK.

We'll forgive you for trying to forget them if you forgive us for remembering them for a long time!!:) ;) I know it's kinda hokey but, what the heck.

Archived