Tendering in the Med.

Jim Avery

We are planning for the Italy itinerary Rome to Rome on October 20. Any input on weather/sea state and tendering operations at that time of year would be appreciated. Are to be traveling with Parents this time. 90 and 80. Fit and in good health for their ages but tendering has been an issue in the Caribbean and Mexico. What to expect?

Thanks,

Jim.

We have booked SD I for October 20, Rome round trip. First Med Cruise. 4th SeaDream. Are looking for advice, hints, good stuff from those who have gone before on this route. Also, Rome hotels? What works for you? Thanks for the input.

Jim.

The only two ports I've been to on that itinerary are Portofino and Livorno. My daughter and I took a train from Livorno to Florence with a stop in Pisa on the way back. Others took a private car. You mentioned your elderly parents will be with you. A private car might be the best bet. Portofino is a great place just to walk around. We also took a ferry to Santa Marguerita that day. As for the tendering, as much as I love SeaDream (3 times), the steps to the tender and then getting into the tender itself can be treacherous even in calm seas. You will want to make sure to have lots of help with your parents. We're going to Rome in May and staying at the Splendide Royal. But I don't know much about it. Since I haven't been to Rome since 1968, I really can't comment on other hotels. You will LOVE the Med on SeaDream!!

Archived