Just off the Pearl with some helpful information

I always travel with a little night light that I plugged into the shaver outlet in the bathroom. It worked out fine.

We brought a night light too, but couldn't plug it into the shaver outlet because it was the kind with one prong bigger than the other and wouldn't go in upside down! Oh well, glad we found the closet light, I thought that worked well but needs to be highlighted for the taller people like me that would have to crouch down to see it.

gottogocruisin, I'm not complaining - it's just fun to discuss our experiences on the ship - positive and negative. I'm definitely glass half full!

We are planning a cruise on the Pearl, so your tips were very helpful.

I am interested in your reply to cruiser82's question about the 2 for 1.

Also, you made the comment "The spa is super and our two friends bought the package'. I wasn't aware there was a package. Can you share with us how much the package costs and what you get?

Thanks again for your tips - that's what makes these boards so valuable to me!

I was on an 5 niter in Feb., and we did not see any dining surcharge discounts advertised in the dailies, so I'm not sure they do that on every cruise.

Regarding the spa, there is a fee to use the spa, which includes both the Co-ed section as well as the separate Men's & Women's section. The fee is either $15/day, or you buy a whole cruise package that works out to $10/day. I would agree 100% that it is worth every penny.

The spa is TOTALLY separate from the gym, though, which is FREE and open 24/7. There are separate locker rooms for men & women in the gym, which provide lockers, toilet, shower, and a small sauna.

FYI, there are no robes for inside cabins.

Helenqqq if I miss led you about breakfast at Cagney's please accept my apologies. We only went to breakfast at Summer Palace, the buffet and Blue Lagoon. We were not that lucky to be able to dine with the others who could go to Cagneys!!! It was absolutely wonderful with every meal. We have cruised lots before and I truly think the food on NCL was the best I have had yet. I only had one part of a meal that I didn't like everything else was superb.

Gottogo...this was a great post. We'll be sailing on the Pearl in September and we've booked a minisuite too. Our friends will be next door so we're hoping that we can have the door between the two balconies opened to give us more space.

I concur with many of your insights too...it sounds as if you're a person who goes with the flow. That was the recommendation I received here before we sailed on our first NCL cruise last October.

Your post whetted my appetite for our upcoming cruise...I've been trying not to think about it TOO much...I'll be wishing away my Spring and Summer. And it will be here soon enough.

Thanks again for your post. I truly enjoyed reading it.

Ciao,

W A W W

My wife, daughter and son-in-law were all on this cruise and it was great. We had our Meet & Greet on our first sea day. Clause the hotel manager and several of his staff came to meet us. They gave us their phone number and told us to call them for anything. The ship is beautiful and the staff was fabulous. It was nice meeting you and your family Ari. To all my cruise critic friends. Go to the meet & greet and get to know the staff that shows up. They will truley get you what ever you need. They do watch these boards and want you to come back and give a good review. The tips given above are all great tips and we used most of them. Try all the restraunts you can they're all amazing. Happy sailing to all.

engineer

Archived