Drinks on the Summit

sexyaznboy

I don't really drink soda pop and understand there is a drink card you can buy, what kind of drinks are actually included for free in the price of the cruise? Does it include juices, iced tea/hot tea and coffee?

Also how expensive are their wines by the glass at dinner time (range), I know Celebrity has a NO alcohol on board, but how strict is this enforced? Thanks

They have ice tea, punch, lemonade, guava juice drink, milk, coffee, and tea most of the time and orange, grapefruit, tomato juice at breakfast. Usually, you have to ask for the tomato juice unless there is a server bringing around a juice tray. Soda is $1.95 plus a tip so it ends up about $2.25 a can. They have nice quality wines so they are a little more expensive. I think they begin at about $7+ a glass. You can get a bottle at the dinner table and they will save the leftovers until the next dinner. Someone I know brought their own bottle on board and the steward kept it cold in their room. However, I saw the security group take some booze people bought in Mexico and hold it until then end of the trip so I think it is hit or miss. This is based on a trip I took on the Summit in Feb. 2007.

They have ice tea, punch, lemonade, guava juice drink, milk, coffee, and tea most of the time and orange, grapefruit, tomato juice at breakfast. ..

Note that all of these items are available for no additional charge all the time at the cafe/buffet area and in the dining room - and some times at a service station by the pool on M Class ships. Only place they charge for any of these is coffee at the Cova cafe's espresso bar and maybe espresso drinks at other places if available. The drink cards are for fountain soda pop - so I wouldn't think you'd be interested since you indicated you don't drink soda.

Also, you are officially allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board when you first embark. You can enjoy these in your stateroom and in certain public areas, but there is a corkage fee to bring a whole bottle into the dining room.

Note that all of these items are available for no additional charge all the time at the cafe/buffet area and in the dining room - and some times at a service station by the pool on M Class ships. Only place they charge for any of these is coffee at the Cova cafe's espresso bar and maybe espresso drinks at other places if available. The drink cards are for fountain soda pop - so I wouldn't think you'd be interested since you indicated you don't drink soda.

Also, you are officially allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board when you first embark. You can enjoy these in your stateroom and in certain public areas, but there is a corkage fee to bring a whole bottle into the dining room.

Thanks LSimon, I'm very happy with juices, iced tea and coffee!

I was reading the Celebrity pamphlet and they did say no alcohol is allowed to be brought on board, so I've heard different things. I was actually thinking of bringing the boxed kind, since I'm not really picky about wine! A lot easier to carry and to open! I don't really 100% need wine with dinner, but it would be nice once in a while.

Thanks LSimon, I'm very happy with juices, iced tea and coffee!

I was reading the Celebrity pamphlet and they did say no alcohol is allowed to be brought on board, so I've heard different things. I was actually thinking of bringing the boxed kind, since I'm not really picky about wine! A lot easier to carry and to open! I don't really 100% need wine with dinner, but it would be nice once in a while.

Yes, Celebrity gives mixed messages (I think they don't like to broadcast the policy), BUT if you check on their website it does tell you that you are allowed to bring two bottles of wine onboard when embarking at your port BUT that is it!

To check it out for yourself - go to the celebrity.com and click on the following sections...

Before You Cruise

FAQ

Food & Beverage

Alcohol policy

Hope that helps.

Thanks Wandering Woman for the link. It is funny they don't allow beer or hard liquor but they allow wine. I'm thinking of bringing a few wine in boxes (not picky on quality obviously :D ), they are easier to carry and do not need to bring a wine opener!

It is surprising they charge for sodas, when they could easily do the fountain thing. Luckily I like juices and water better so save a few bucks there!

Archived