Late Excursions with Late Dinner Seatings???

SakeDad

As I've now gotten several excursions booked and they are late (some returning after 9:30pm) exactly what happens for my late seating dinner? Do they hold the table and dinner for our return? Do we have time to freshen up after the excursion or do we have to RUSH to dinner as soon as we reach the ship? Or should I just plan on using room service or the Lido upon my return? That hardly would seem fair as I was on a ship excursion that was late ending.

Looking forward to your answers as I haven't seen anything about this yet.

As I've now gotten several excursions booked and they are late (some returning after 9:30pm) exactly what happens for my late seating dinner? Do they hold the table and dinner for our return? Do we have time to freshen up after the excursion or do we have to RUSH to dinner as soon as we reach the ship? Or should I just plan on using room service or the Lido upon my return? That hardly would seem fair as I was on a ship excursion that was late ending.

Looking forward to your answers as I haven't seen anything about this yet.

Hi Sake Dad:

I hope you don't think I'm following you around; you just happen to ask questions to which I think I may have some answers:

Last summer we did a very similar itinerary to the one you are doing this year, with late departures from Juneau and Victoria. In Juneau, where we had a 9 pm departure, the Lido offered extended hours for dinner, and served what they called a "Gold Rush Dinner". In Victoria, with a midnight departure scheduled, the four dinner seatings were combined into two seatings that accommodated those who were on excursions. (Please bear in mind that we were only in Victoria from 8 pm to midnight; this year's itinerary has you in Victoria from 6 pm to midnight.) Don't worry, HAL is good at this, and will not leave you scrambling for a meal. They will have an alternative schedule arranged so that you can enjoy your usual gracious dining experience. I'm counting on it too; I'm doing the exact same Noordam itinerary you and your mother are, only a month later.

Bon Voyage!

Karin

As I've now gotten several excursions booked and they are late (some returning after 9:30pm) exactly what happens for my late seating dinner?

Wouldn't an excursion returning that late to the ship have dinner as part of the excursion's activities? It would seem to me that you would have already been well fed before even returning to the ship ... and if it's a snack you're after, the Lido will always have that.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived