Rosie's Tour

My72Bug

I have a shot of Rosie and her husband Arturo posted on webshots. There is a partial shot of one of their vans to the left of them. They use 15 passenger vans, but that means 4 people have to squeeze into the back seat. It's larger than the other seats, but four adults would be pretty snug.

It's on page 8 of my Mexican Riviera album

http://community.webshots.com/user/jerrell52

Jerry

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for posting. We have booked Rosie's husband for our day in Acapulco. Can you tell us a little about your day. We have been to Acapulco before, so we have been debating about just staying on board.

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for posting. We have booked Rosie's husband for our day in Acapulco. Can you tell us a little about your day. We have been to Acapulco before, so we have been debating about just staying on board.

We were in a group of 28 so there wasn't a lot of individual input on the day's itinerary, but I understand that Rosie and Arturo usually allow you to decide where you want to go. We seemed to go back and forth more than would have been necessary, but I think that was due to our starting the tour mid-morning instead of earlier (which was the group's decision) and needing to return earlier to the ship because it was Super Bowl Sunday. Even so, we did see quite a bit. We first went to the Fort. We could have returned later and toured that on our own, but since it was Sunday and it was free Arturo guided us through many of the museum exhibits. Although we could have done this on our own, he was so knowledgeable that it made it even more interesting. We then headed south and went to the Chapel of Peace. The view from there is wonderful and Arturo and Rosie were able to share with us a good deal of history surrounding the chapel and the family who had it built as a memorial to their two sons. From there we went to he cliff divers, then to an old hotel that has another wonderful view of the city from the north and then to Senor Frogs for a late lunch. Afterwards we went to a store to shop and then back to the ship.

If I were to do it again I would

1. Go with a smaller group. Having that many people and having two vans delayed us more than once.

2. I'd get an earlier start. By the time everyone was gathered on the pier and got to the vans it was almost 10 am.

3. I'd choose somewhere else for lunch. Although Senor Frogs was good I would have preferred something more authentic and less of a tourist bar.

4. I'd skip the shopping. Prices were high and we found identical items in later ports for much less.

One thing I would do the same is go with Rosie or Arturo. They were very professional and have a great command of English having both lived for some time in the USA. The traffic in Acapulco is overwhelming and they did a great job driving in it.

Jerry

Jerry - Thanks for your reply. We will be a difficult foursome for Artuero, I guess, because we have all been to A before and do not want to do the usual tourist things. We would like to visit the church, the turtle sanctuary, Roqueta Island. We're not shoppers, and we don't need food! So, we'll see what they come up with! Also, our ship doesn't even arrive until 1 PM - sails at 10 PM I think, so it will be short on daylight hours. It is such a beautiful port to enjoy on board, we are looking forward to that. Thanks again!

We have also booked Rosie for our trip to Aca. Just like Bucky3 we do not want to do all the touristy thing, but since we booked the whole vans (15 of us going) she has giving us ideas, and we plan to have a great time with her.

Jerry - Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. We are booked with Rosie as well for our April cruise. Very much looking forward to it and having a nice dinner at Su Casa.

We used Rosie´s services last year in May and were very happy with our tour.:)

By far a much better buy then we got from NCL this year:mad:

Rosie found us a very good deal on a fire opal ring. Now I have the matching set earings and the ring to boot.

We didnt know that Rosie could handle such a large group or else we would have booked with her. Live and learn I guess.

Happy Cruising.

We just toured with Rosie last week.

The van is airconditioned, comfortable. She has a small stool for passengers to get out of the van with. She has a microphone ( very handy ), and a cooler with water, pop and beer.

she will be open to any ideas. She will take you to a different place for lunch. We wanted something rather fast service, good food, not all sea food. cannot remember the name but the fajaitas were excellent.

Our ship the Summit was not in Aculpulco very long. We would have liked more time-to see more. Rosie did an excellent job with the time we had. We asked her to take us shopping - I would recommend that you skip that part. Prices were very high.

Enjoy your day with her-she is VERY proffesional

Nadine

We just toured with Rosie last week.

The van is airconditioned, comfortable. She has a small stool for passengers to get out of the van with. She has a microphone ( very handy ), and a cooler with water, pop and beer.

she will be open to any ideas. She will take you to a different place for lunch. We wanted something rather fast service, good food, not all sea food. cannot remember the name but the fajaitas were excellent.

Our ship the Summit was not in Aculpulco very long. We would have liked more time-to see more. Rosie did an excellent job with the time we had. We asked her to take us shopping - I would recommend that you skip that part. Prices were very high.

Enjoy your day with her-she is VERY proffesional

Nadine

How would we contact her? Thanks....

I have Rosie booked for a tour on APril 13.She does respond very fast and looking forward to the tour.We have 14 in our group.Will we be too crowded in the van?Is it a van where the seats fold out in the middle?How many rows of seats are there?I am concerned we might be too crowded.SOme people are a little larger than average,and some are slightly built.

• 8 months later...

We were with Arturo Thanksgiving week and he was GREAT! Very knowledgeable and speaks perfect English. He was waiting for us right when we docked and there were 4 adults and 5 kids, we rode in his Suburban which had GREAT air conditioning!

He toured us around the area of the ship where we went to a hotel and saw an incredible view of the city, cliff divers, another beautiful hotel, Senor Frogs (our choice), and to the Ecumenical Chapel of Peace...we also were able to shop a little bit and make a few more stops. I highly recommend him!

Archived