Sunny Liston tour

indianagirl

We didn't use Sonny, But I think that the majoriy of folks have a great time with him. We used Henry Christopher in September and had the greatest time. He is a retired police officer and really treated my wife and I and our kids like we were family. I have his info if you want it...e-mail me at jsbenton1@yahoo.com Have fun in St. Thomas!!!!!

Yes, we just returned from our RC Serenade cruise today. We were in St Tjojmas last Sinday and did Sunny's tour. You and your kids will love it. sunny was informative, funny and accomodating.

He arrived on time to see us - actually, we were a few minutes late. He took us to the shoppoing area, picked us up to see the St Thomas sites and then droppedus off at Sapphire Beach. It was a great day - we will remember it!

...and we took the Sunny Liston tour and it was great!!

One bit of advice is, when you get off the ship you will see signs for different tours but you wont see Sunny Liston, at least we didn't. Just keep walking to where you see the lines of taxis and tour busses. Look for a representative of the tours. We saw several in blue uniforms. We asked for the Sonny Liston tour guide as we didnt see any. The busses all look alike. One driver told us that "Oh Sonny died about 9 years ago". He was joking but our friend who put the down payment on her card panicked. We were wondering if we got scammed but it is all legit. Then a guy named Tim, came and said he was from the Sunny Liston Tour and driving for him. We were sceptical. We double checked with him to see if he knew we had the $50 deposit paid and that the tour was $25 per person and the places we were supposed to go to. It was all fine! We had a great tour. Swam at Saphire Beach. a lot less crowded than the others. We snorkeled and saw a huge sea turtle and some nice fish. Not a lot to see but adequate. There are great views of the island that he stops at and lets you have those "Kodak Moments". We took the 2 hour shopping time limit and it was plenty.

We would definatley suggest this tour. Great value.

We're booked with Sunny as well for Sunday, April 1. We dock at Crown Bay an then he's picking up passengers from Havensight so a bit skeptical about the 2 hour shopping limit. Is it exact or does he go over the time limit to accomodate passengers who arrive late. We've got a lot of shopping to do!!!

...and we took the Sunny Liston tour and it was great!!

One bit of advice is, when you get off the ship you will see signs for different tours but you wont see Sunny Liston, at least we didn't. Just keep walking to where you see the lines of taxis and tour busses. Look for a representative of the tours. We saw several in blue uniforms. We asked for the Sonny Liston tour guide as we didnt see any. The busses all look alike. One driver told us that "Oh Sonny died about 9 years ago". He was joking but our friend who put the down payment on her card panicked. We were wondering if we got scammed but it is all legit. Then a guy named Tim, came and said he was from the Sunny Liston Tour and driving for him. We were sceptical. We double checked with him to see if he knew we had the $50 deposit paid and that the tour was $25 per person and the places we were supposed to go to. It was all fine! We had a great tour. Swam at Saphire Beach. a lot less crowded than the others. We snorkeled and saw a huge sea turtle and some nice fish. Not a lot to see but adequate. There are great views of the island that he stops at and lets you have those "Kodak Moments". We took the 2 hour shopping time limit and it was plenty.

We would definatley suggest this tour. Great value.

I see you only have 2 hours at the beach - I'm wondering if you want to stay longer, can you just stay and take your own taxi back - we will be in port till 8:00 p.m.

Hi Peggy,

We went with Sunny in Nov. and if he is your driver you will love him. There were a few that stayed at the beach and had to get their own transportation back to the ship.

Hope this helps, Missygirl:)

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little apprehensive to take this tour due to some of the feedback on these boards. I am glad that I took a leap of faith! This was a great tour! We were the only couple on taking the tour from The Sun Princess. We opted for the 3 hours of shopping...well, I did...my husband was in the dark about that decision..LOL! Sunny's wife Angela picked us up right on time and drove us downtown to shop. St. Thomas has AWESOME jewlery! Sunny had all groups meet at a parking lot across from the jewlery store where we were dropped off at noon- no waiting, again, we left on time. Sunny gave us a highlight tour of St. Thomas and stopped at quite a few incredible look out points. The views would take your breath away. Sunny played very up beat music and you couldn't help but sing along. He was very informative and made the tour a lot of fun. You had your choice of beaches...Cokie was the first stop, Sapphire Beach then Megan's Bay. We opted for Sapphire Beach because we were told it was less crowded and had decent snorkeling. This beach was BEAUTIFUL. Not very crowded but pristine and exactly what you want from a Caribbean beach! We had 2 hours at the beach then Sunny picked us back up and took everyone back to their ships. As we pulled up to each ship, the entire bus was singing and people were looking at us because we were having so much fun! You will not be disappointed with this tour...a great value for your money and it will leave you with wonderful memories of St. Thomas. You can't go wrong with Sunny Liston!!! Have a great Trip!!

I was a little apprehensive to take this tour due to some of the feedback on these boards. I am glad that I took a leap of faith! This was a great tour! We were the only couple on taking the tour from The Sun Princess. We opted for the 3 hours of shopping...well, I did...my husband was in the dark about that decision..LOL! Sunny's wife Angela picked us up right on time and drove us downtown to shop. St. Thomas has AWESOME jewlery! Sunny had all groups meet at a parking lot across from the jewlery store where we were dropped off at noon- no waiting, again, we left on time. Sunny gave us a highlight tour of St. Thomas and stopped at quite a few incredible look out points. The views would take your breath away. Sunny played very up beat music and you couldn't help but sing along. He was very informative and made the tour a lot of fun. You had your choice of beaches...Cokie was the first stop, Sapphire Beach then Megan's Bay. We opted for Sapphire Beach because we were told it was less crowded and had decent snorkeling. This beach was BEAUTIFUL. Not very crowded but pristine and exactly what you want from a Caribbean beach! We had 2 hours at the beach then Sunny picked us back up and took everyone back to their ships. As we pulled up to each ship, the entire bus was singing and people were looking at us because we were having so much fun! You will not be disappointed with this tour...a great value for your money and it will leave you with wonderful memories of St. Thomas. You can't go wrong with Sunny Liston!!! Have a great Trip!!

How did you pay him??

Just back from the Crown...

Took Sunnys Tour... he had us smiling and singing in the rain !!!!!

Would recommend him in a second... He was on time coming and going !!!

I would try and get him to go to Meagns Bay.. I was not impressed with Sapphire beach at all....

I would also start your tour at 9 am instead of 10am. Other group was 15 min late.

You loves his job !!!

I highly recommend the Banana Daquries at the Moutain Top !!!!

feel free to email me if you have any questions ...

jmagnuss@yahoo.com

Just back from the Crown...

Took Sunnys Tour... he had us smiling and singing in the rain !!!!!

Would recommend him in a second... He was on time coming and going !!!

I would try and get him to go to Meagns Bay.. I was not impressed with Sapphire beach at all....

I would also start your tour at 9 am instead of 10am. Other group was 15 min late.

You loves his job !!!

I highly recommend the Banana Daquries at the Moutain Top !!!!

feel free to email me if you have any questions ...

jmagnuss@yahoo.com

I wish we could do the 9am tour, the Valor doesn't get in port till 9am:rolleyes:

I am booked with Sunny for June and just got an email about paying him upfront using Paypal. Has anyone used him since he started making people pay before the cruise?

I guess I don't blame him, he probably had a few people who wouldn't pay him at the end of the tour.

Archived