HMC clamshell location question

O2B@C

Does anyone know whether it is possible, on Half Moon Cay, to rent a clamshell and not be at the end of the beach closer to the tender dock? In other words, are there clamshells available at the far end of the beach, or if not, can you get one moved there? (Or move it yourself, if they're not too heavy for that.) We'll be on HAL, with only one ship in port that day, if that makes a difference.

We like shade, and a clamshell sounds attractive, but we also like quiet and privacy, and don't mind walking a bit to get it. (Unfortunately a cabana is out of our price range.) I understand there are some trees at the far end of the beach that may provide some shade, but I think a clamshell and a couple of chairs might be more comfortable.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

We were just there. There were clam shells sprinkled along the beach. I didn't see any too far out, but we set up camp not far from the live carribean music. I'd imagine they would be too heavy to move yourself. We got there early and saw people setting up beach chairs. Maybe they could set one up for you further down.

Thanks for the info, cruisinggg. I'm wondering if anyone can add anything more specific about how far one has to walk down the beach to find shade under the trees (if there is any), and also if anyone has any experience trying to have the staff set up a clamshell away from the crowds - how far along the beach are they willing to go, or are you just stuck with trying to find the farthest empty one that's already set up? All pertinent info appreciated - thanks!

• 1 month later...

we r also interested int he clamshells but would like to be down a bit away from most of the crowds. anyone else have one set up down the beach a bit? i want to reserve but i dont want to be right in the middle of screaming people..i have that at home!! cindy

Archived