HELP!!! DRESS CODE DILEMA (sp?)

howndder

downdder

Remember, 1st and last evenings are casual~~~no tie and no jacket~

three formal night~~that leaves 7 evenings of "Country Club."

Martita B.

I and maybe 20% of the men still wore jackets on "Casual" nights. IMHO women still dressed up. Note my only Seabourn sailings where both in the Caribbean and first and last were casual.....

From my March 4 cruise "seabournherald" for different days:)

Casual: For gentlemen, no jacket is required; a shirt with slacks is perfectly appropriate. for ladies, a blouse with skirt or slacks.

Elegant Casual: slacks and jacket for gentlemen; blouse with skirt and slacks, a cocktail dress, dressy pantsuit or the like for ladies

Black Tie Optional: Tonight in the restaurant, the required attire is Black Tie Optional. A tuxedo or dark suit for gentlemen and formal gown or other formal attire for ladies.

Blackbird thinks his "Black Tie" was more Baby Blue in color.. :D

The number of casual nights on a cruise does vary with the itinerary. On my Asia cruise, the evenings when we "overnighted" in a port (e.g., Bangkok, Saigon/HCMC, etc.) were usually casual, reflecting the fact that many passengers either had been touring all day, were going on evening tours or might be spending the evening off the ship entirely. That 14 day cruise had 3 formal nights although the pre-cruise docs said there would be 4.

Hi, we did the Legend Caribbean itinerary last year and there were several nights when my husband did not wear a jacket -- deck barbecue and two nights when we ate at the Veranda cafe (because we love eating outdoors and also found the restaurant a bit noisy). Formal nights he wore a tux and the other nights we ate in the restaurant he wore a jacket unless it was a night when "casual" was specified. Compared to other Caribbean vacations when a jacket is not needed at all, the Seabourn cruise was more formal but we enjoyed the novelty of dressing up as long as we didn't need to do it every night. :) Hope this helps.

Archived