HELP!!! DRESS CODE DILEMA (sp?)

howndder

Hi,

We just received our docs and the cruise lists 3 formal nights and 9 country club casual. Ques Que Se," Country Club Casual"? On Seabourns web-site they don't even list such a category. When we lived in a country club, that listing meant no jacket required. But after reading these boards for so long, I know that Seabourn is a rather dressy line.

What say yee all.......

howndder

Howdy downdder,

First and last night very casual-no tie or jacket

Country Club casual- tie and sports jacket (akin to going to a nice Club for dinner)

Some men probably will not wear a sports jacket some evenings, but

I think you'll be more comfortable/stylish wearing one.

And yes, Seabourn is dressier than most cruise lines.

Have a grand voyage! Aren't you booked on the Spirit?

Martita B.

Hi,

Thanks for your responses, but am a little confused Martita with your response. You say Jacket and tie but you also say some men will not wear jackets. Which is it really? This is important to us as my partner will do anything not to get dressed up. Thanks for your help.

Cruise Crazed

Sorry about the confusion~~~Embarkation night is very informal. as is last evening (no tie and no jacket)

Evenings aboard Seabourn ships are special high-light's of the day~~especially on a Crossing. Almost all gentlemen will wear a sports jacket to the Club for a cocktail before dinner, to dinner and afterwards to the Show Lounge or back to the Club for nightcaps and dancing. I personally think a man in a turtleneck shirt/sweater and a navy blazer is always the most handsome in the room! (A navy blazer solves all problems and dilemmas.)

On a TA Crossing the "Sky Grill" will not be an option as it's too cool and windy~~but men do go casual there. Restaurant "2" is again "Country Club" casual (sports jacket)

Dining 'en-suite is a great experience I hear~~~have never dined in my suite~~meeting friends in the Club and afterwards dining in the Restaurant is always too much fun and exciting!!

I just didn't want to "steer" you wrong or give you misinformation.

Hope this helps~~~:p

Martita B.

Maybe the Pride crossings are a bit more formal the Legend crossings. Having been on 8 Legend crossings, I can honestly say that more than half the gentlemen on board wear a beautiful shirt and no jacket on casual nights. :D

Host Dan

Quoting the Pride Seabourn Herald Sept. 2006

After 6: Dress this evening

Elegant Casual (jacket required for gentlemen)

Casual (no jacket required)

If I were you I would just wear what you feel comfortable wearing!

Martita B.

Dont forget the deck bar-b-que night!

Host Dan

PS Dont confuse Elegant Casual with Casual. Elegant Casual used to be referred as Informal and a jacket is required.

Dan,

On Crossing's we do not have Deck Barbeques or Sky Grill dinners.

I'm for everybody wearing what they feel comfortable in wearing, according to that evenings dress code.

MB

No deck bar-b-que's? Thats very odd, as we have always had the deck bar-b-que on the Legend crossings (with the "Rock-the Boat" show) I wonder why the Pride lacks this theme night?? Anyway the OP was referring to the Legend Crossing, so that clears this up! :)

Host Dan

Dan,

In all my Spring and Fall Pride Crossing's (10) we have never had a Deck Barbeque or a "Rock the Boat"~~I'm sure it has to do with the Pride routes, proceeding courses and the rough Atlantic seas. I can only remember we enjoyed 2 "Tug-of-War"contests~~~again, too rough, cool and windy.

Our Fall Crossing's from London (especially route to Newfoundland) are usually very cold and seas choppy.

I'm certainly hoping we'll have a smooth Crossing this year!

MB

Dan,

In all my Spring and Fall Pride Crossing's (10) we have never had a Deck Barbeque or a "Rock the Boat"~~I'm sure it has to do with the Pride routes, proceeding courses and the rough Atlantic seas. I can only remember we enjoyed 2 "Tug-of-War"contests~~~again, too rough, cool and windy.

Our Fall Crossing's from London (especially route to Newfoundland) are usually very cold and seas choppy.

I'm certainly hoping we'll have a smooth Crossing this year!

MB

Just the reason I prefer crossing on the Legend!! No rough seas, and toasty warm...

Host Dan

Dont forget the deck bar-b-que night!

Host Dan

PS Dont confuse Elegant Casual with Casual. Elegant Casual used to be referred as Informal and a jacket is required.

The difference between Elegant casual and the (former) Informal is the tie! No ties are necessary in Elegant Casual, as long as you dress "Elegant" (with a jacket) . When I leave the suite before dinner and my husband asks me what dress code we will have and it is Elegant Casual, I always answer him: "Jasje, geen dasje" - which means : Jacket, no tie.

And then he is happy! (which makes me happy).

Host Dan

I guess you have a picture with your posts, but unfortunately I can only see a red cross.

Just like I just saw the picture I copied from the web cam on St Thomas of the Legend, now turned into a very dark picture!

Host Dan

I guess you have a picture with your posts, but unfortunately I can only see a red cross.

Marja,

You do not know what you are missing!!! What a hunk Dan looks in his picture:D and they say cameras never lie:rolleyes: .

See you in a few weeks Dan!!

Host Dan

Just like I just saw the picture I copied from the web cam on St Thomas of the Legend, now turned into a very dark picture!

Marja,

Maybe this sub-forum can help!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Host Dan

Hi All,

Boy oh boy what ever did I start on this thread. The problem has arisen due to the incorrect info from my agent. According to Seabourn with whom I just got off the phone, 3 Formal nights and 9 Elegent Casual, whioch requires a jacket and no tie.

I am confused though by Dans' remarks because he seems to suggest that there are indeed some casual nights. However, my past experience with Seabourn is that this is a very formal line and jackets are derigeur. If Dan is right, and I certainly hope he is, we will be able to have some Country Club Casual nights. These are by definition, NO JACKET REQUIRED.

However we have to dress, I really don't care at this point as all I do care about is the trip and seeing everyone have a wonderful time.

Hugs and kisses to all my repliers.

howndder:)

Marja,

Maybe this sub-forum can help!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Host Dan

OK Dan, I think you mean adjust " user CP"?

There are so many threads on that forum display!

So I went to "thread display options"

and saw that everything is in the "show" modus.

What else should I do?

Marja

downdder

Remember, 1st and last evenings are casual~~~no tie and no jacket~

three formal night~~that leaves 7 evenings of "Country Club."

Pack a couple of sports jackets, and you'll be set!

(I think you'll be more comfortable in wearing a jacket, without a tie)

Have fun~~blue skies and smooth seas!

Martita B.

Archived