Nordam Library

S&LS

Hi Out There

Can Anyone Advise How They Feel About The Selection Of Books To Be Found In The Library. I Read Very Fast And A Book A Day On Sea Days Is No Problem. I Really Don't Want To Carry Alot Of Hardcover Books With Me (hate Paperback)

Thanks

You will be amazed. I am a constant reader and I was overjoyed at the selection, there were current bestsellers as well as current non-fiction books. I had a hard time leaving the library! And joy of joy the books were available 24/7 for browsing, no locked cases like other ships. Throw in Internet service and a coffee bar and an ocean view, it doesn't get any better than this for a book lover.

I so agree with Scopewest. We thought the library/Explorers Cafe to be great on Noordam......even better than on some of the other ships.

As an avid reader, I think you'll be very pleased.

I'm bringing my two sons and would rather not carry a bunch of books for them. I'm guessing my oldest can get his hands on Stephen King and there will be enough for him to read one novel every 2 days over 11 days. BUT will there be any younger chapter books or picture books?

It probably seems strange that they'll be reading on a cruise instead of being in Club HAL - but with our cruise having almost 400 kids they will likely choose to have a lot of quiet time.

Thanks.

You will be amazed. I am a constant reader and I was overjoyed at the selection, there were current bestsellers as well as current non-fiction books. I had a hard time leaving the library! And joy of joy the books were available 24/7 for browsing, no locked cases like other ships. Throw in Internet service and a coffee bar and an ocean view, it doesn't get any better than this for a book lover.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.

STEVE

was fabulous. This was the nicest ship's library I have seen. If you're lucky, you'll find a nice chair to stretch out on. If not, take your book and head up to the crow's nest in the morning before they blast the music. Lots of chaises that look out onto the ocean.

Archived