Noordam-Noise from Lido deck above???

SakeDad

I have read several posts saying they wouldn't book the Navigation Deck or SS cabins on the Nordam because of "possible noise" from the Lido deck above. I know they are referring to pool chairs, cleaning, etc... But what I HAVEN'T seen are actual complaints from anyone who has actually been in these cabins! So I'm wondering how much of this talk is hype and fear of noise vs reality??? Also, if there was noise, can you rate it from 1-10 and exactly what time of day and type noise was it?? THANKS:)

Based on my personal experiences in 8060 on Noordam and 8086 on both Oosterdam and Noordam...

...the noise from above is not that big a deal when you're below the midship pool area - and its non-existant under the Lido Restaurant area.

We were in 8073 on the Noordam and I totally agree with Brian. Not a problem at all.

We had the SS balcony cabin adjacent to the outside elevators. We spent a great deal of time on the balcony; there was no distraction from noise from the Lido deck or the distractions from the elevators ascending and descending.

Actually, the proximity of the Lido decks restaurants made it convenient to visit several times an evening to make selections vs. waiting for the more limited room-service menu.

rxralph

We had the SS balcony cabin adjacent to the outside elevators. We spent a great deal of time on the balcony; there was no distraction from noise from the Lido deck or the distractions from the elevators ascending and descending.

Actually, the proximity of the Lido decks restaurants made it convenient to visit several times an evening to make selections vs. waiting for the more limited room-service menu.

rxralph

Great to hear!:)

I thought room service was FULL menu?? Is it only what's being offered in main dining room at the time? What makes it limited?

I thought room service was FULL menu?? Is it only what's being offered in main dining room at the time? What makes it limited?

Well, considering Lido offerings like pasta bar, stirfry, salad bar & taco bar offerings aren't on the room service or dining room menus...

• 3 years later...

Hi - we just came back 10 day caribbean - one night we heard a banging noise and that was quite unusual - up to that point no noise in 8073. I went up to the Lido and saw a rug maintainer wiping up some stains and he was using the brush as a paddle - as soon as I got his attention and he took the earplugs out - the noise stopped - he was most apologetic. Except for that one incident - 8073 was quiet except of course for in port noise - nothing you can do about that.

Oh the room was so convenient to everthing - being amidships - the ride was extremely smooooth!

I have read several posts saying they wouldn't book the Navigation Deck or SS cabins on the Nordam because of "possible noise" from the Lido deck above. I know they are referring to pool chairs, cleaning, etc... But what I HAVEN'T seen are actual complaints from anyone who has actually been in these cabins! So I'm wondering how much of this talk is hype and fear of noise vs reality??? Also, if there was noise, can you rate it from 1-10 and exactly what time of day and type noise was it?? THANKS:)

Sake dad,

I was on the Nav Deck on the Zuiderdam, stern cabin in the caribbean.

I did hear deck chair movements from around the aft pool if I was in the cabin during daylight hours.

But then there were the constant movements during late night cleaning.

Which could be annoying to some, though not for me, as they were not crash bang loud. Just scuffling.

It was not enough for me to complain about since I am a sound sleeper.

Later, I purposefully booked the same cabin on the Westerdam for an Alaska cruise since I knew there would not be much deck chair usage. And the stern view was spectacular for Alaska. And no noise at all.

r.

Archived