RCCL Visa/Bank America Removes Travel Insurance Coverage

I just received a notice from Bank of America regarding important amendments to Credit Card Agreement & Annual Privacy Notice. It reads:

Removal of Travel Accident Insurance Coverage: You will no longer have Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance on this card. Travel accident coverage will still apply to covered trips commencing before June 1, 2007 & will be processed throught the current benefit provider as outlined in your current benefits guide.

Removal of Travel and Emergency Assistance Coverage:

You will no longer have Travel & Emergency Assistance on this card. Travel assistance services will still be available through May 31, 2007 & will be provided through the current benefit provider as outlined in your current benefits guide.

I just wanted to give fellow cc'rs notice for anyone who didn't see the letter yet.

You have been an extremely active member regarding this, which is why I am writing to you. I want you to know that BOA moved my closing date up 3 days without telling me. I have hated them from day one, not even having ever dealt with them. I called to try to determine my closing dates and payment dates, and guess what they differ every month. I went out for a period of six months, while I was on the phone with them about closing dates and payment due dates. Having been an avid MBNA cardholder for many years, I became skeptical as soon as this present bank took over. My skepticism was actually my first post on this board. There must be some better company that RC could conduct business with.

I have appreciated reading about your negative experiences with boa, THUS, I am hoping you continue this sort of info. I am fairly sure you can imagine the worst scenario that this credit card company can present, and that is not to the RCI cruisers..........

:o

Yes, B of A has been terrible. In 2007 they have changed the billing date, the statement closing date as they call it, every month. Since 2004 the 6th of every month has been my billing date & I pay off the card the morning of it so I am a -0- balance on every statement. So Jan 6th I pay off my card & the 9th I have $47 balance with $15 minimum payment. I call & am told my statement closing date was the 8th. SO I asked why that wasn't told to me when it has always been the 6th.

Then I call 1/21/07 to ask when the statement closing date for February will be & am told the 6th, and I am such an excellent customer with an excellent credit score that they are upgrading me to RCCL Signature Visa which has $3000 coverage for lost luggage, car insurance that pays everything not just deductible like AMEX, etc. Then I get a stupid letter stating that I card I requested doesn't exist. I can apply for a B of A Signature Visa but it is not related to RCCL. Excuse me jerks, but your clerk stated I was being upgraded. SO I phone RCCL, get Marketing Mgr who was very interested in this in case it happens to more than me. He requested listening to the voice tape of that date at the time I stated but B of A didn't record that day. I stated they were covering their ***es. They stated they may close the card with B of A to go to AMEX. Better coverage for their customers who are very valuable. B of A woke up & as of 6/1/07 we get warranty extended a year for warranties 1-5 years, car rental coverage that pays all not just deductible, 90 day protection against breakage, stolen mdse, etc. But no lost luggage coverage. So I sent an email to Marketing about that, so maybe it will be added.

Love the OBC we get every cruise from the points. No upgrades since anything above a D1 doesn't count. B of A has axed a few items that MBNA had I noticed. So read & d/l what RCCL has listed on their site.

Something I noticed that was quite entertaining. When you get on B of A web site, click on credit cards, then click on all 400 cards they have & RCCL doesn't show! They have an RCI card that isn't RCCL as RCI now as it is the timeshare company.

You have been an extremely active member regarding this, which is why I am writing to you. I want you to know that BOA moved my closing date up 3 days without telling me. I have hated them from day one, not even having ever dealt with them. I called to try to determine my closing dates and payment dates, and guess what they differ every month. I went out for a period of six months, while I was on the phone with them about closing dates and payment due dates. Having been an avid MBNA cardholder for many years, I became skeptical as soon as this present bank took over. My skepticism was actually my first post on this board. There must be some better company that RC could conduct business with.

I have appreciated reading about your negative experiences with boa, THUS, I am hoping you continue this sort of info. I am fairly sure you can imagine the worst scenario that this credit card company can present, and that is not to the RCI cruisers..........

:o

I do not think Bank of America is serving RCI's passengers with the amenities they are used to and it is time for RCI to change credit card companies. By this I mean just basic credit card services. This comment in no way refers to cruising.

as I stated starting June 1,2007 as they are mailing to all cardholders, warranty of one year additional to any manufacturer's warranty of 1-5 years. They also added the free auto insurance for rental cars (internationally that is a deal but some countries are not eligible). They also have the 90 day from purchase protection from theft, damage or just a crappy product.

Personally I would like to see added: Protection Price, that if a purchase is cheaper within 90 days of purchase, you send the ad to B of A & get credit on the difference. But they told RCI & me that stores cover you automatically. I also want the $3000 lost luggage protection. We buy air, cruise, transfer packages & our luggage doesn't show at our stateroom, not sure who lost it, so I want protection to buy replacement clothes & luggage to get them home. Don't see that added as yet.

I told RCI to get the Signature Visa card for their cardholders. It is free & has all the great perks on it. At least they listen to me........

I have used BOA for years. Have had many credit cards with them, on-line banking, investments, etc. I had my RC card through MBNA and now it is with BOA. I can only say good things about the organization. And no, I don't work there. The service and products have always been wonderful. When I wanted to have my cc payment date changed to correspond to my bi-monthly pay, not a problem. And yes, the date does change a bit month to month, due to weekends, etc. But it has never been accelerated. My experience, for what it is worth.

Mark

as it tells me daily balance as I compare my Money 2007 to it every morning, as I do all 3 cards we use (Discover for 5% gas rebate, AMEX for important purchases & I get $100 for every 7500 points). I also tells me my point balance which only changes on billing date & I know that since it will tell me a minimum balance due so I pay it off. So far it is the 6th, 7th or 8th.

So now I wait for additions to the perks like lost luggage coverage up to $3000. Now RCI can do it for Diamond/ Plus member or for members who book air,cruise, transfers & charge it all on RCI VISA.

I love my card and the OBC I received for my cruise, but... I'm NOT a Bank of America fan. (Long story short: BOA tried to foreclose on my house even though I was making payments ON TIME. After almost a year of dealing with them, they finally sent me a letter of apology. They had received all my payments, but were not crediting them to my account. Grr.) So far I haven't had any complaints with the RCCL card, but it will be interesting to see what the futures holds. I hope RCCL keeps the card, but I wouldn't complain if they changed card companies. :)

Archived