Are cabins below the pool deck noisy?

You can always take some ear plugs just in case.....

We had a JS on the Empress under the pool & I never heard a thing. The night of the buffet my parents said they could hear the music but it wasn't blaring loud. I had earplugs, never heard a peep!:)

I too brought earplugs on my Monarch cruise, so although I couldn't hear the music, I sure could feel it. The entire cabin shook.

Possibly we aren't as light a sleeper as some but I would hate to see you guys give up your JR cabins over something that probably won't be a concern, or at least outweighed by all of the advantages.

While I agree with you, I'd hate for the OP to pay all that money and take that chance :)

One more thing to add, if you are underneath the pool area, say ..... and they have Calypso melodies playing on the pool deck .... I would think the cabins underneath that would hear it!!!

I say that because we, on the Monarch, were right below the Centrium, and everytime they had ballroom melodies, or a jazz quartet, we would hear a pounding bassline on our ceilings. That's fine ... except what if you need a nap!!!! :mad:

(perhaps I should have one now :) )

I've recently stayed in a JS on the Grandeur of the Seas under the Solarium, and I would avoid those rooms if at all possible. Every night at about 10:30 we could hear people moving the deck chairs without any regard for the noise being created by the plastic feet rubbing against the concrete floor. It was really a terrible annoyance, so I would say on a Vision Class ship to get a stateroom forward of the Centrum or on the far Aft of deck 8, where not only would you be clear of any noise but also have the larger balconies afforded by those suites.

We were in the JS 8566 on the Rhapsody a couple of weeks ago. The moving of the deck chairs above us would wake us from a dead sleep and scare the wits out of us. It sounded like a bomb going off. We are looking forward to our Voyager cruise with a balcony room sandwiched between two decks of staterooms. Never again..

Last year we were in 8580 which is further aft and didn't hear much noise at all. 8580 is more under the spa than the Solarium.

I am a sound sleeper and thought I could sleep through anything. Not so.

I've been in a JS on Majesty of the Seas twice. Once under a walkway area from the stairs to the pool deck. No naps for me on that cruise due to constant running back and forth all day above my head.

Last month I was directly under the pool deck and after the midnight pool party at about 4pm I never heard anything like it. It didn't sound like dragging on chairs. It sounded like someone was throwing them down - not just dropping them. This went on for over an hour.

On Enchantment I was under the Windjammer in a GS. EVERY morning I was awakened before 5am to the sound of rolling carts or something. It was louder than I thought it would be.

I'd get cabins on the same decks again - I'd just be more careful in my cabin selection if at all possible. Your selection under the solarium is probably a wise decision - Unless you go to bed early as in the previous response. 10:30 is much earlier than I want to go to bed on a cruise.

One more thing to add, if you are underneath the pool area, say ..... and they have Calypso melodies playing on the pool deck .... I would think the cabins underneath that would hear it!!!

I am pretty sensitive to reverberation caused by bass and can find it to be very annoying, but I did not find that to be the case in our cabin below the pool area when the Calypso band was playing. You could only slightly hear the music, but the bass was not an issue. It was not like you could hear the music enough to be able to recognize the song they were playing. The only time that you would really hear the music was when the balcony door was open or when you were sitting on the balcony. And even then it was enjoyable.

We were on Deck 10 in a GS and definitely heard scraping and clunking and rattling noises at night....sometimes until quite late.

Sorry, cb, but I don't buy the Deck 10 "prime real estate" thing. I will grant you that Deck 10 is convenient, but as evidenced by many posts here it is not always quiet no matter how expensive the cabins are.

Hi knkbrand and jg5764,

As I previously stated in this thread we had a JS on the Enchantment a couple of weeks ago. We were in cabin #8152 and had NO problems with sounds from above. Possibly we aren't as light a sleeper as some but I would hate to see you guys give up your JR cabins over something that probably won't be a concern, or at least outweighed by all of the advantages.

Tanker4

I appreciate the info. I am just in a D1, so I changed my cabin to the 7th deck. No biggie. I am now right next to the Library, so if I cant sleep, I can at least go read a book:-)

I appreciate the info. I am just in a D1, so I changed my cabin to the 7th deck. No biggie. I am now right next to the Library, so if I cant sleep, I can at least go read a book:-)

Or have the Librarian go quieten things down. They're famous for that right? :-)

Have a great cruise.....

Tanker

Archived