walkie talkies

sexyaznboy

Hey there was thinking of bringing walkie talkies aboard (the short range ones), I saw some people have them on our last cruise, and thought its a great way of contacting your travel partner in case you get separated.

You guys think its a good idea? Of course it might be a bit annoying to those around you who have to hear the static noise from the device!:eek:

Hi Sexyanzboy

My husband & I have taken the walkie talkies on our last 3 crusies & they work great, nobody really hears the conversation other than you, unless you are in a very quiet room as it always beeps first. We will continue to cruise with them, because when you get up on deck you always forget something or change your mind on choice of beverage.

:)

Its really annoying when people abuse them. Just the 'beep beep' gets my hair standing on end. However if you choose to bring them please be considerate of others.

One of the biggest problems I have, which BTW, doesn't include you in particular, and that is parents giving these things to their kids. While they think its a good idea to be able to keep in touch the kids I have seen are very obnoxious, loud and totally inconsiderate of others to the point of changing frequencies and listening in on others.

Just my point of view. We have always found it useful to just have a meeting time and place, or leave a post it on our cabin door. You are on a ship and its really not that hard to find someone if you have to.

Dave:eek:

We`have used them in the past on the Disney Magic along with half of the other cruise passangers. They worked great, other then the fact that we had alot of interference on our channel due to the large volume of other passangers also using them.

Its really annoying when people abuse them. Just the 'beep beep' gets my hair standing on end. However if you choose to bring them please be considerate of others.

One of the biggest problems I have, which BTW, doesn't include you in particular, and that is parents giving these things to their kids. While they think its a good idea to be able to keep in touch the kids I have seen are very obnoxious, loud and totally inconsiderate of others to the point of changing frequencies and listening in on others.

Just my point of view. We have always found it useful to just have a meeting time and place, or leave a post it on our cabin door. You are on a ship and its really not that hard to find someone if you have to.

Dave:eek:

I understand where you are coming from Dave, I'm bringing my elderly mother on a cruise so in case she wanders off, I'd like to have a way of keeping in touch with her. So no kids involved here! I just remember on our first cruise together if she wanted to do her thing and me doing my thing, it was hard to know where she was, sometimes she'd be gone for hours, and I'd be worried sick.

I'd only use it for a minute here and there, definitely not to chat on...I wouldn't want to be rude.

Archived