Michael's Club on Mercury

puli

Is Michael's Club on Mercury smoke free? Also, is the area it is in separated from the cabin areas by doors? We just changed our reservation from a Vista cabin across from a cabin attendant service area to the Panorama deck relatively near the Grand Foyer area and I fear it might be just as noisy. Thanks!

Hi,:) Michael's Club is very quiet but it is not smoke free...it is

a CigarBar....unless that has changed since May 2006. The last

time I sailed Mercury was last May and I was in there a couple of

times late in the evening. A couple of people were there smoking

a cigar and having a drink.

The doors to the entry of the club are in an alcove area (sort of)

and I know if I hadn't been inside the club I wouldn't have known

it was even there;)

I know Michael's Club on The Constellation has Perry Grant playing the piano. Is that the only ship with entertainment in Michael's Club? Are all the other Michael's Clubs just a lounge to sit in or is there also a piano player or some sort of music?

I thought all the clubs were non-smoking? I don't smoke anyway, just wondering.

Michael's Clubs on M-class are entertainment venues, and no longer cigar (/smoking) lounges.

Not 'All clubs' are non smoking. Smoking is by side of ship (Port/starboard, but don't ask me which is which cause I can never remember).

Michael's clubs on c-class are still cigar lounges (at least on Mercury as indicated above, and on Century pre-refit).

Thanks everyone for your help. I just got off the phone with a Captain's Club rep. and was told that on the Mercury, Michael's Club is now smoke free. She also stated that there are doors leading from the entire Grand Foyer area to the cabin sections so noise should not be a problem.

When we were on the MERCURY this January, Michael's Club, WAS NOT smoke free. It could have changed since then, but I seriously doubt it.

Smoking is allowed on one side of the ship on almost every Celebrity cruise I have been on.

The Michaels club on Mercury was very quiet. There were usually no more than 6 people in there.

In November it was a smoking area, but during the day it is also used as a game room. Still smelled of smoke...

Still it was right down the hall from our room so we went in there a couple of nights when no one was smoking, or they were smoking on the opposite side of the room to play board games. Smelled kind of bad, but we put up with it because it such a convenient place to play games.

On the Mercury the piano entertainment is in the "Cova Cafe" area.

Well, I called the Captain's Club again and got an entirely different message!! This time I was told that as of November 2006 Michael's Club on Mercury is a "piano bar" and is NOT smoke free. However, it should no longer be considered the "cigar bar". I guess I will find out myself on April 27th. As long as the cabin corridors are protected from the Grand Foyer Area by closed doors everything should be fine.

We were on Mercury in February 2007 (last month). The doors to the Grand Foyer wer NOT closed at any time. My Mother-in-law's cabin was down that hall so I walked through there a lot. Sorry.

Thanks for the actual facts.. I am sure non of these petty issues will make a bit of difference and that the cruise will be absolutely wonderful! How can being on a Celebrity ship cruising the beautiful WestCoast be anything but perfect! I just dislike getting misinformation from what I consider "the source".

I asked this ? on a different board and didn't get any feedback.

We are sailing on April 6th aboard the Mercury and our stateroom is above the Pavillion Night Club. I do plan on bringing ear plugs but wonder if anyone has any knowledge of how late to expect noise/music.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Archived