Jan vs April

FunShipAddict

HI All - I have been only on 1 cruise - but now I am an addict.(I quess it only takes once :p ) I am working on putting together a cruise next year and want to take my family ( total of 8 adults) on a Eastern Carribean. Is there a large difference between January cruises and April cruises? :confused: I didn't want to wait until April - but the price may be right. But if weather is a factor - or anything else................ Also - can I request us all to be at the same dinner table? Thanks!;)

We were on the Victory in January '06 Eastern Caribbean. We've also cruised in May. The only difference to me was that the Eastern route seemed rougher in January than in the spring. None of us get seasick (and I kind of enjoy the "movement"). This may just have been the case with the cruises I've been on. Flights being cancelled due to weather is always an added stressor in January, that is if you have to fly to get to the ship.

Assuming that you have a Florida departure, you could sometimes have cool but comfortable weather on your first and last days, but you can still expect warm weather once you get into the Caribbean. April would be warm for the entire cruise.

Yes, you can request that your party of eight be seated together for dinner. Be sure to mention your request to the agent when you book. These requests are usually honored but never guaranteed. They sometimes get overlooked and other times there may be too many passengers all wanting the same seating time. If you don't end up with the same seating time and table, don't despair--just see the maitre d' as soon as you board the ship. One of the dining rooms is usually open specifically for this purpose on the afternoon that you are embarking. I've rarely had a problem getting exactly the dinner time that I want.

Just something to think about. April is Spring Break for colleges and schools so most cabins will be filled to the max. This all translates to longer lines onboard and service can get a little slow.

You may want to look at Celebrity or Holland America Cruise Line for the April time frame. Good luck!:)

Oh Yeah - the spring break issue. Another very interesting point to ponder! Perhaps I should consider all cruise lines. I just though I'd get

a better rate as a returning cruiser on Carnival. I wish they had the cruise I want in Feb. - that's when I went last time and it was near perfect. Well the good thing is I have some time to plan.......

Regarding spring break, at least here in the northeast, college kids' breaks are usually in March--my son goes back to school today. What you may run into in April is lots of younger kids either the week before or the week after Easter. That could be a + or a -, depending on whether or not you have any children that age. I'd ck & see what date Easter falls on next year and work around it.

Yep - I googled it and Easter is in March next year - so maybe mid April will be perfect. Kids should be back in school for the most part. My kids are all adults - and though I love the little kids - it will be nice to have

less rather than more on the cruise.

Archived