Anyone on Noordam lately?? How many FOD meetings?

SakeDad

We were on Noordam in January. There were 2 FOD meetings and 2 FOD lunches. There were also unofficial gatherings in the Crow's Nest around 11PM each night.

Randall, the Piano Bar pianist, arranged the meetings and lunches. He left the ship at the end of our cruise and I don't know who, if anyone, is taking over.

My mother "the Rainbow Mom" boarded Noordam yesterday and called me to ask where the gay group listings were. I told her to look for Friends of Dorothy, which wasn't there, and that if it were anything else it would be obvious or initials like GLBT.

Anyway, she loves to crash these events so I'll let you know what I hear from her.

What a shame! On our January cruise, the FOD meetings and lunches were clearly marked in the daily program. I guess that since Randall left there is no staff member to make sure that these meetings take place.

02143, look forward to hearing how your mom enjoyed it. I'm taking my EXTREMELY supportive mom on the Alaska Noordam 5/20. If your mom finds any staff we should look for please let us know! Hope to hear that she had a very positive trip as this is my mom's 1st HAL trip.

It was the embarkation day of the cruise; I'm hopeful it just didn't make the cut for the first day's events. I'll update this post next time I talk to her, though.

Any updates from your mom??

Any updates from your mom??

She left me three voicemails at work yesterday with her cell phone from St. Thomas, but I was home with a bad back and didn't get to talk to her and ask her about Friends of Dorothy. Everything was about how much she loved HAL (she likes Royal Caribbean, didn't care for Celebrity, enjoyed Princess) but she was sick from having a stateroom in the bow, wasn't winning at trivia, did some shopping etc. blah blah blah. I'd e-mailed her but she said in her voice mail the Internet was too expensive so she wasn't going to be e-mailing me again. She gets back to New York on 3/31 and I'll get the full scoop from her then.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this info! We are leaving on the Noordam on 5/13/07 and so far nobody else seems to be on this particular departure (at least here on the boards).

Make sure you introduce yourselves on the Roll Call for your trip....there are some very fun people on your week!!:D I'll wave to you as you disembark and we embark in Seattle on the 20th....prepare her well for us!:p

Archived