Looking for nice beach,please help with suggestions

karensi

OK, here goes, another beach question. my friend and I will be in Cozumel for the day, Mariner, May 6th sailing, and would like to spend the day at a nice, relaxiing, pretty beach. Lounge chair rentals and restrooms are a must, a snack bar would be good too. Were leaving in 6 weeks and only just booked this cruise the other day, so now I feel I have alot of homework to catch up on re: what beaches are suggested. Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks, Karen

I personally like Playa Palancar. I also like Paradise Beach club, but the are different and attract a different kind of customer. PB will have more families because of the water toys and has a higher potential to be busy depending on time of day and how many ships that day. Playa Palancar will be more layed and have fewer people mostly because it is the farthest away and cost more to get to.

I'd really avoid any beach club that has an all inclusive package as I don't drink and paying to drink wouldn't be a good value to me at all. Plus I don't care for crowds or potentially drunk people and I think that you are more likely to encounter them at one of the AI clubs. If you drink a fair amount, then one of the AI places might be a good value for you.

More information:

http://cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com

We have been to Paradise and Palancar. There were 8 ships in port on our last trip, so we grabbed a taxi to Palancar. There were very few people there until around 10:30 and even then it wasn't crowded. By 2:30 the people started to thin out. There was no entry fee, lots of lounge chairs and the food and service was very good.

Paradise Beach is great also, but with 8 ships in port, things might get a little cramped.

OK, here goes, another beach question. my friend and I will be in Cozumel for the day, Mariner, May 6th sailing, and would like to spend the day at a nice, relaxiing, pretty beach. Lounge chair rentals and restrooms are a must, a snack bar would be good too. Were leaving in 6 weeks and only just booked this cruise the other day, so now I feel I have alot of homework to catch up on re: what beaches are suggested. Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks, Karen

No worriies about any place being crowded, only two ships that day. If you prefer a quiet laid back relaxing beach that is not all inclusive than I would go with Planacar as a Bruce and Clackey have suggested. If you prefer some activities and water toys, than Paradise may be a better bet.

Archived