Wine Package

taxmantoo

NCL's "Welcome Aboard" booklet lists NCL Private & Vintage Selections wine packages as a bon voyage gift. It recommends visting their site @ ncl.come/more for more information but the site says nothing of this package.

Has anyone ordered it before? What wines does it consist of and how can you choose?

In the same vein, would anybody have a recent wine list from the "JeweL" or any other NCL ship if they are all the same.

Thanks !

Funny, I called NCL a month before our March 4th cruise about the same thing and was told that their web site was not updated yet. He wanted to go through the entire list over the phone. I would prefer to browse the list online. My wife and I both had birthdays prior to the cruise and my family wanted to log on and order us wine for our trip. We ended up passing on order wine in advance. Maybe next year we'll be able to do this.

BTW, we were surprised to see Ferrari Carano fume blanc for only $6 per glass. The local restaurant upcharge is more than $10.

I just checked out the wine list in your link...are all of these wines available aboard ship or can they only be ordered in advance of sailing??

They should be able to be ordered in advance but keep in mind anything ordered in advance will not count to any onboard special. On a 7 day by 5 get one free.

Hello all,

Just about to go on my first cruise :D on the Norwegian Sun Apr. 15, 2007 from New Orleans to Vancouver.

I'm confused about all the alcohol options. Can I order some rum/vodka, etc. and have it delivered to my cabin so I can enjoy it onboard? If so, how would I do this?

I see the NCL wine list, and they have huge bottles for sale (JEROBOAMS), some in the $120 range. Can I have a wine from one of these over several meals? I assume you're not supposed to drink it at one sitting... If you are, good thing they have a doctor on board!

Finally, do you know where I can see a bar price list? For example, how much I can expect to pay for a rum and coke, or a margarita, or a glass of cognac, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Once you buy a bottle wine it is yours to take anywhere you want on the ship. If you want, you can take it from dinner to another venue. If you don't want to carry it around or back to your room, they will store it for you and bring it out for you any other time on the cruise.

Hello all,

I'm confused about all the alcohol options. Can I order some rum/vodka, etc. and have it delivered to my cabin so I can enjoy it onboard? If so, how would I do this?

Finally, do you know where I can see a bar price list? For example, how much I can expect to pay for a rum and coke, or a margarita, or a glass of cognac, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

You may order whatever liquor you want by emailing: shipcoordinatorsun@ncl.com check the link(courtesy of Shoreguy) for the price/bottle in addition you will be charged a $3.00 setup fee (no matter how many bottles you order) Hope this info. helps. Unfortunately I don't know about bar price list, if I remember rum&coke was $7-9/glass. We are having a bar setup on our cruises, spending $40-$50/bottle still winds up cheaper then paying per glass charge. Liquor price list:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2264197270059187889kExPdr

Have a wonderful cruise and party hearty!:)

Neverthought

They should be able to be ordered in advance but keep in mind anything ordered in advance will not count to any onboard special. On a 7 day by 5 get one free.
Shoreguy, that is not entirely accurate, we are big wine drinkers and we qualified for the buy 6 and get the next one free. We did pre-order wine and that was included in that promotion. All you have to do is show them the reciept from the order form and they will include it. We know because we bought 12 and got two free.

If I bring my own bottle of wine I will be charged a onetime fee of $15 for them uncorking it. Is this correct? I know I can't carry it on. What do they do? Do they take the bottle from me and put it in our cabin for us. How exactly does it work? Any help will be greatly appreciated.:D This is the first time I am even considering taking alcohol onboard as the DH and I are not big drinkers by any means. But when I saw the list Shore Guy was kind enough to provide it dawned on me it would be cheaper to take my own bottle of wine than to buy one!:) I usually only have one glass of wine with dinner and not even every night! Do you think one bottle would be enough for an 8 day cruise? :confused: Also, if you leave the bottle with them, do you have to eat in the same restaurant each night in order to have a glass of your private wine? Thanks for any help!:D

Last year my husband and I brought 2 bottles of wine on board the Dawn. I had it in my carry-on and when it went through the xray I was asked about it. I openly told him that we were bringing on 2 bottles. He left them in my bag and off we went to board the ship. One of them we drank in our cabin and the other we brought to the dining room and happily paid the corking fee. It was still way cheaper than buying a bottle on board and it was a wine that I knew they wouldn't have on the ship. I guess if you look like your not trying to hide anything they are a little more gracious.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the list.

Has anyone seen the 2007 version of the list or an online version that you can order directly from NCL?

Are all these wines available on the ship or do you have to order before boarding? Are they delivered to your room and is there a corkage fee in addition to the price quoted on the list?

When we went on the Majesty we took 4 bottles in our carry-on so we didn't have to go to the Naughty Room!

The corkage fee that you pay is for all the bottles you bring on not just the ones they open for you in restraunts. I have seen different responses to this i.e. you drink in room and its free, but they had us sign for the bottles when we got on board.

Remember that they charge per 750ml bottle. I saw someone leave 4 mini-bottles on the table when they found out it was going to be per bottle :eek:, and the bill for a box was based on volume.

Do you think one bottle would be enough for an 8 day cruise? :confused:

Mousey,

A bottle of wine holds about 5 normal size glasses of about 5 oz each. So, 1 bottle is not going to last 8 days. You might want to splurge and bring 2 bottles. Remember, you're on vacation :D

Tim

Archived