Pride 3/2007 Passage to Portugal Crossing Travelogue

PeaSea8ch

grannylorr the bunny made me laugh. the third night was the worst a trampoline is an understatment that was the night i thought we would need to be seatbelted into bed some things went flying around the room during the night like books, ash tray, etc. martha i remember john black telling me about people at the party took a picture of me in the bunny suit if you could talk to him and find out who did and post the picture here that would be great. we have looked at the sea cloud and also seadream for next year in april for the transatlantic we have decided on seadream san juan to seville april 2008 the reason i picked seadream over sea cloud is all sea days and sea cloud is a sailing ship and sailing ships tilt to much at sea. martha i hope you are not upset we will not be on the pride transatlantic in march 2008. we will be back in the future it is that we want to try other things and we can not afford seadream and seabourn in the same year. thanks again from lorne ross

Please don't serve HAGGIS!!!! :eek: Granny will be there!! :D.

I do not know if you get the Travel Channel in Oz but Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern just did a sampling of foods around the British Isles including Ye Ode Haggis... It did not sound that bad. But then again I am Penn Dutch and eat scrabble with syrup on it :D (think corn meal vs oatmeal).

Grannylorr,

NO we will not serve HAGGIS~~~I have eaten the awful stuff in the Scottish Highlands. Being a West Texas rancher I know all about sheep's stomach's! For our Constellation Lounge party I was thinking more simple 'lit PLAID canapes. As to the cocktails, we'll let the Bar Manager decide the "special drink of the evening" (perhaps a Mexican Flag cocktail???)

Don't worry about your party attire~~~just take a PLAID sweater or jacket and a long black skirt! You can always add a 'lit tam!

Martita B.

Martha...we went to an Alpaca farm today....lots of alpaca plaid rugs....could have bought a whole animal cheaper though! Spoke to the lady running the place, and she told me all their stuff comes from South America......so you never know what I might find in the shops during that cruise!

Blackie,

I thought I saw you sneaking a'round the Easter Bonnet Parade snapping photos!! Cheffy Markus was so proud of his hat! Kudos go to J,R, from Birmingham for his talent and skills as to "hat decorating!" Thank you James!

Grannylorr,

Yes, pick up something fetching in PLAID!

Have a great weekend!

MB

BB there are beautiful sweaters in NZ...(we call them "jumpers"...no idea why..maybe cos the sheep in NZ are very "jumpy"?) You can also buy really really nice ones made from possum wool......its soooooooooo soft. (also soooooooooooo expensive) :rolleyes:

BB there are beautiful sweaters in NZ...(we call them "jumpers"...no idea why..maybe cos the sheep in NZ are very "jumpy"?) You can also buy really really nice ones made from possum wool......its soooooooooo soft. (also soooooooooooo expensive) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info... Jumper=Sweater... Dang I have to Amazon it for a Oz-American Dictionary :D

One of my favorite sweaters is an Alpaca sweater I brought in a Peruvian store in the Old Post Office building in Washington DC. LOL go figure...

Yipes BB is hiding his eyes after what he saw made out of Possum Wool at this site http://www.nznature.co.nz/ecofur.htm But the prices for a man's vest is < 100 US so not too bad...

Well, I have learned a lot since January regarding the sharing of slideshows over the internet. Hence, clicking the link below will open my slideshow in your web browser. When the page opens, you are presented with thumbnail pictures and their titles; click on the “Start Slideshow” button and enjoy! When you are finished watching the slideshow (it will run continuously unless you stop it), just close the browser window. If you have a burning desire to watch my slideshow offline after seeing it, click on the “Click Here to Download” link and you can then download it and movie viewers if you need them.

Feel free to view my other slideshows by clicking on the links in the Navigation Bar at the top of the page. Enjoy the armchair voyage!

http://web.mac.com/deckwalker/iWeb/Cruises/Pride%2007.html

Hi kids - greetings from warm, sunny London.:) After Lisbon we went to see friends in Belfast and Scotland, then relatives in Somerset, and this is the first time we have had to relax a bit - and get on line.

We were first time Seabourn cruisers and were very impressed. The food and service were second to none. We were traveling with four friends and all six of us had a great time. We have booked another nice long cruise cruise - 54 days - but it isn't till 2009! How will we wait that long?

It was great to meet you Marja, Lorne, Joanne, and "ltsally." Martita I'm sorry we never got to chat but it was good to meet you at last.

I think the thing that surprised me most about Seabourn was that the ship "rocked!" I'm not talking about the bumpy seas...I mean people were dancing till the wee hours! It was great!

Marja your slide show was fabulous! Well done! And Paul, I loved your pictures, too. Lorne I will send you your photos soon but alas, I don't have one of you in the bunny suit!

Cheerio from jolly old England - hope to see you all again on a future Seabourn cruise!

Dee (and John)

Hi Dee and John,

I can't believe that I did not meet you both and "Itsally" too! :o It probably was because I was not out and about as much and being a bit "sidelined" from my daily walk till I drop regimen.

If you cannot wait until 2009 to sail on Seabourn again, pleezzee join us again on the Pride for her 2008 eastbound crossing, departing on St. Patrick's Day! As Pinkie has previously posted, you may want to consider packing some PLAID! GrannyLorr decided that 72 days sailing around South America was not enough so they booked the follow on Pride crossing as well! :cool:

Enjoy the rest of your stay in Jolly Olde London and blue skies, calm seas with gentle breezes on your future sailings! :)

Hi Dee (and John)!

Thanks for the compliment! It is a hobby of mine to make these slide shows. I hope you had a nice time in Ireland, Scotland and England.

It is still a long time before your next cruise, but OK you have something to look forward to. My husband and I prefer more, shorter cruises.

Are your friends from Belfast cruisers too? I just wonder because we met people from Belfast too while (Seabourn) cruising.

Nice meeting you!

Marja

Welcome back, Dee!

Not sure which I'm more envious of -- your time in Ireland/Scotland/England or your upcoming long Seabourn voyage. (ok, ok! After just a maiden venture, I know -- Seabourn always wins!) Safe journey home to you.

Neat photos, PeaSea8ch - sure takes me back!

(Marja - I must be one of the last people on earth stuck with dial-up service, so I've not been able to view your pics yet. Trouble downloading the upgrade I need. )

Archived