Rental Car on Sunday in Santa Cruz, Tenerife?

ucipass

I have tried everything and I just can't find a place that is open on Sunday in Santa Cruz, Tenerife. I am coming in with a cruise ship on Sunday leaving the same day at night and would like to rent a car close to the cruise terminal.

The only place that I found is at the airport, but it seems like it is quite a distance. I would have to take cab to the airport to pick up the rental car, drive back to the airport and take a cab again. Anyone knows a better way?

Any help is greatly appreaciated!

Andras

I have been making similar inquiries. I don't have the answer yet, but I was wondering what cruise you are taking. It sounds very similar to ours because we are in Tenerife on Sunday, too. We are on the Crystal Serenity departing Rome on 10/28. Are you on the same cruise?

Well, I am taking the Disney Magic Transatlantic Cruise and scheduled to arrive on May/20 Sunday. The tricky part is that most businesses are closed on Sunday and I would not want to take chances on this. Somebody at tripadvisor.com recommended to google map Santa Cruz and list all companies there. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks. I never thought that Sunday would create a problem. What about Hertz at the Marina in Tenerife? I want to rent a car and go to Mt. Teide. I also would like to see Orotava. We only have 8 hours in port. Can we do both and still make it back to the ship, or will the volcano take up most of our day?

I called Hertz and their location at the Harbour is closed on Sundays. THe best offer the rep gave me is to take a taxi to the airport and then rent a car at the airpot. Of course the drop-off has to be there too.

And the price was like $140 not including the cab rides.

The ship's shore excursion to Mt. Teide is starting to look better and better. I went online for Autoreisen, but I wasn't able to determine whether they are open on Sundays. Have you been able to figure that out?

OK. I called their reservation agent and they told me that autoreisen is open 7 days a week including Sunday. They are open until 6PM on Sunday. I was told that I would have to reserve the car online.

THe renting facility is at Fred Olsen Ferry at Santa Cruz and it seems like it is right where the cruise ships dock.

http://www.fredolsen.es/lineas/ingles/terminales.asp

http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php

Hope this will work as I spent a lot of time getting this info. All of my Mount Teide excursion with the ship is only 4 hours and none of them actually taking me up with the cable car. So renting car is my only option.

Archived