First trip to Bermuda~Help needed

sassy~one

DH and i just booked our first Bermuda cruise, April 28 out of Norfolk.

I looking for information on the 'best beach' at both ports. Information on transportation to the beaches. Are there Duty free luquor stores close to the ship? Bottle Limit? Close shopping, simply for short sets for our grandsons? Thank You so much Debbie

It sounds like you are on the Empress. You will dock in Hamilton and St Georges. In Hamilton you will be docked right across the street from all the stores. You should be able to find your Grandson's something right there:). There is a duty free liquor store right on Front Street also. The prices are much less if you have them deliver to the ship(sometimes, depending on the ship, I think that is the only way you can purchase it). It will be delivered to your room the last night on the cruise. One of my favourite beaches is Horseshoe Bay Beach. Easily accessible from Hamilton by bus or Taxi. While you are in Hamilton I would highly recommend taking the ferry over to the Dockyards at the West end. Nice shopping and historical area ther. By doing that you will see all three ports that Bermuda has,,,and the ferry is beautiful to take. Have a great time!

Liquor prices on Bermuda even when duty free are still fairly high(everything is brought in by ship...from the US). So before you go and buy on land check the prices on the ship...most of the time if the ship has what you want it will be less than on Bermuda.

At St George there are two beaches, Tobacco Bay and Ft St Catherines that are within a 15 minute walk from the Ship or there is a bus or cab that will take you I forget how much but there are multiple threads about the beaches here.

From Hamilton, the Southshore beaches are a short bus ride away. This includes Horseshoe Bay beach with is the most popular on the island. Not all the beaches have facilities.

There are multiple threads that discuss Buses and Ferries just look at the headings and surf...so to speak....

By the way which beach is better depends on what you want to do. ie surf, snorkle, just lie on the sand etc....

Don't bother with liquor in Bermuda. You won't find any bargains there. Unless you want some of the unusual brands they sell. Bermuda Gold is good, but I haven't found too many uses for it.

Now the rum CAKE, that's a different story all together! :D

Archived