Celebration in May with Children

mlturner265

Hi everyone - I have been lurking on this board for some time - I love it!!! We are planning a 5 day cruise on Celebration in May from Jacksonville (Bahamas & Key West) with our 2 boys (12 & 7). My husband and I have cruised on CCL & RCCL before - this will be the boys' first cruise. The Bahamas was not my first choice, but the time and proximity to home makes this a better choice for us. Any suggestions to make this a memorable vacations for the kids would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

P.S. - My 7 year old has his priorities straight. He just wants to make sure he can get food 24/7 and get something in the middle of the night if he needs it.

We were on the Celebration in 1997 and liked the ship. The reviews in the member review section for the most part are quite positive. I will be quite interested in your review. We are considering the ship for a trip this coming October. My only reserve is having been on much bigger ships since 1997 how we will like it now.

Although I don't have children, I remember the kids who were on the Celebration with us last year seemed to be having a blast! You hardly ever saw them. The Camp Carnival counselors appeared to keep them very busy.

I think you picked a great ship for the kid's first time out. There is plenty to see and do, but the ship is small enough that tracking them down would not be difficult.

And they'll love the waterslide, if there aren' too may adults using it (guilty!).

Thanks everyone!I will join the roll call - we are planning on the May 19th trip. I will be sure and let you all know how we like it. I have read the reviews and I think as long as you go to the ship with the expectation that this is not a new ship and it is not the largest we will be fine. The pluses to me is that there are not as many people and that I have read and heard many people say the atmosphere on the ship (staff, etc.) is wonderful. The most important thing is that the we have fun and just relax. I'm sure that anyone with children will agree about the relaxation part and not having to be at a gym or ball field at a certain time.

You wanted some "memorable" experience for the boys but you didn't say if "cost was an issue" ;) :D

If money doesn't matter...then I would take the boys to a dolphin encounter or to Atlantis. BUT at Atlantis, I would call and BOOK a room with ATLANTIS. Once you take the cruise excursion price times a family of 4, you are ALMOST to the price of getting a room for the day. AND if you book through Atlantis directly, then you get the use of the water slides and the new Auquaventure (TOTALLY WORTH IT)

www.Atlantis.com

My girls are 2 and 7...will be 3 and 7 when we return to Atlantis. Even my 2 year old ask me almost everyday about "My pool with the big Weeee slides"

It is truly memorable.

Gee - I would never have thought to do that! Thanks. Money really isn't an object, but I am conservative on the same thought. We have fun on vacation but we usually don't empty the savings to do it - we splurge on those really special things. However, this definately looks like something to splurge on. Thanks for the tip.

Archived