Destiny ports, dock/tender? ship time vs port time?

Middleager

Hi.

We are planning to go on the Destiny Aug. 26/07 sailing. In which of the ports does the ship dock and in which does it tender? Also, I understand San Juan is on Atlantic ST which will be the same as EDT (which is what we are on, in Ontario). Are any of the ports on different time than the ship time?

The ports are

St. Thomas, USVI

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia

Antigua

Thanks.

Hello

I just got back from the destiny last month. We docked in all of the ports, no tenders. The ship time is on Atlantic time, and as far as I was aware, each Island was on the same time as well.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Oh wow, that's great.

Docking (vs tendering) is so much easier. You get more time on shore. Also don't need to wait for tenders especially in the morning. That's a big plus for the Destiny.

The port time being the same also makes it so much easier to plan the shore excursions.

Last year we were on the Miracle and all 4 ports were at different time than ship, one port Belize was -2 hrs. 3 of the 4 ports were tender ports and in Cayman we were almost 1 hr late to start the tendering. Even in Costa Maya where we docked, we were still 1 hr late. The different port time and tendering made the shore excursion arrangements a little more challenging. (We did have a wonderful diving/snorkeling cruise trip.)

Wow, this makes the Destiny that much more attractive. I haven't bought the cruise yet, but will soon. Hope the next sale will soon have the OBC, or upgrade to the next category.

Archived