Dyeadave Snow Patch

GreatToBeGrammy

With the record snowfall in SE Alaska and if it doesn't get up to 80 degrees and stay there in April, you would very likely find enough snow for a snowball fight up on White Pass. You can rent a car in Skagway and drive there.

Of course, if it stays as cold as it has been, you may be able to have a snowball fight in Skagway on the cruise ship dock in May!

That will not be a problem on that date! Just get up to the pass in your rental car or get with a tour van, (there are many of us and there is always room!) and ask them specifically if they will let you have time for snowplay. You will probabaly have to be careful not to venture to far out onto the snow at that time of year or you might fall through to your armpits!?!

I have a large group of Australians who come every year and it seems like I always have a couple of daredevils who do just that and then we all have to form a chain to drag them out and back to the edge of the snow!

I think that they are scheduled for the 15th of May this year so we won't dissappoint them. (Some of them are 50+ and have never seen snow!)

Happy travels and be sure to check for fog in the valley before you book. It usually clears in the afternoon but not always at that time of year! DD

Thanks everyone for your info. One of the included tours with our cruise is the White Pass Train ride one way and coach the other way. Sounds like we will be able to have snow fun at the end of our trip up. Yea!!

I do hope it isn't too cold!! I also wanted to see the beautiful Alaska flowers I've heard about!

Archived