Just booked Explorer

Hello everyone; I'm very excited to be back to the RCCL boards after 3 years. My wife and I have been cruising the past 3 years on NCL as we really LOVE the Freestyle dining. We've also been cruising in suites the last few years. Our last RCCL cruise was to Bermuda 4 years ago on the Nordic Empress.

Well, we booked a quick Bermuda cruise this year on Explorer of the Seas. Our first experience with a Voyager class ship. Largest ship we've sailed so far was the NCL Dawn. We grabbed the last Aft cabin left for our sailing #9392. I really wanted a corner aft D1, but none available right now. But, I'm keeping my eye open over the next several months and hope one opens up that I can up-grade to.

A few questions.. First, those in the know, was this a good cabin choice? Next, since we are Crown and Anchor members from our last RCCL cruise, do they have any parties or anything on board during the cruise for C&A members?

Any other info on this cabin, the aft cabins, etc. will be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to sailing on a Voyager class ship.

The Voyager class are beautiful ships. You will love the Promenade - make sure you go and see the parades, 2x during a 7 night if I remember. Ice skating show is also good. Make sure you go to Quest - we about died laughing at that event. Our group came close to winning the first time we played. When we went again on Serenade we just watched. On Voyager it will be in the Ice Skating rink area and that is much better as it is so much bigger. Loved the sports bar in the Promendade. Also loved the multi levels out by the pool. We thought the entire ship was gorgeous, we have also been on the Explorer. Loved them both.

Have fun.

We were on the Voyager in corner aft 8390 (i think that's an E1). Great cabin, very large, angled balcony. I believe the one next to it had a large balcony too, although Deck 9 might be a bit different. We've also been on the Explorer, in a hump (D1) on Deck 9. Ships are just about the same. You'll love it. We're going again this August.

Thanks for the great info so far. Do they have a Crown and Anchor party during the cruise? NCL has one for all of their repeat guests. Free drinks, raffles, info, and chance to mingle with officers, etc.

I don't think they have the welcome back parties for repeat cruisers on a 5 day if that is what you are taking. I took this cruise last Sept and it was wonderful. Click on the link in my signature for pictures. The room pictures are cabin 8328, end hump.

I can't say enough good things about this cruise, everything was wonderful.

Archived