Pre-Cruise Traveling in England

BurBunny

From what I recall of driving in the western part of the US, your biggest shocks will be roundabouts and the speed at which people drive on the motorway.....

Matthew

I will second that.. and not only the speed on the motorways, but on B roads.

Holy smoke............give me NYC driving any day!

If you want to pick up a car, Kensington is not going to help you. Pick up the car at LHR... then head to Bath. Parking in Bath is dreadful, so I would plan on hoofing it, or taking the bus.

If you want to pick up a car, Kensington is not going to help you. Pick up the car at LHR... then head to Bath. Parking in Bath is dreadful, so I would plan on hoofing it, or taking the bus.

Picking up at LHR adds a hefty surcharge, I think it's around 50 Pounds, to the price of the rental.

Fortunately, the B&Bs I'm looking at in Bath have parking included. I'll hoof it into town from there.

Picking up at LHR adds a hefty surcharge, I think it's around 50 Pounds, to the price of the rental.

Fortunately, the B&Bs I'm looking at in Bath have parking included. I'll hoof it into town from there.

Surcharge? What rental agency are you using? I don't pay a surcharge for a LHR pickup vs London. None of my UK auto rental contracts have LHR surcharges for my clients either.

Surcharge? What rental agency are you using? I don't pay a surcharge for a LHR pickup vs London. None of my UK auto rental contracts have LHR surcharges for my clients either.

The taxes imposed by the airport are the surcharge - and the taxes for airport pickup at LHR vs. city pickup are hefty. Using AutoEurope.

The taxes imposed by the airport are the surcharge - and the taxes for airport pickup at LHR vs. city pickup are hefty. Using AutoEurope.

It's your vendor which is the problem. What's the total for three days with unlimited mileage? I assume you are picking up on the 1st and returning to West Quay in Soton on the 4th?

Archived