Carnival "Blackbeard's Deluxe" vs "Stingray Adventure & Beach Break" vs "Treasure"?

ncmomof2

Both the Deluxe and the Adventure excursions say they go to Blackbeard's Cay, swim with stingrays, snorkel, and relax on the beach. But the Adventure says you "explore the natural reef and see the assortment of tropical fish." From what I've read about Blackbeard's Cay, there is no reef there, so do they take you somewhere else, too, or is this just exageration? (I realize that the Deluxe includes food and the Adventure does not)

Also, has anyone done the "Blackbeard's Treasure Beach & Snorkeling Tour"? Is the treasure hunt any good? My 8 yr old thinks it sounds great, but I'm worried it's going to be too crowded or poorly run or... There will only be 2 cruise ships in Nassau the day we're there, so that may cut down on crowds some.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Both the Deluxe and the Adventure excursions say they go to Blackbeard's Cay, swim with stingrays, snorkel, and relax on the beach. But the Adventure says you "explore the natural reef and see the assortment of tropical fish." From what I've read about Blackbeard's Cay, there is no reef there, so do they take you somewhere else, too, or is this just exageration? (I realize that the Deluxe includes food and the Adventure does not)

Also, has anyone done the "Blackbeard's Treasure Beach & Snorkeling Tour"? Is the treasure hunt any good? My 8 yr old thinks it sounds great, but I'm worried it's going to be too crowded or poorly run or... There will only be 2 cruise ships in Nassau the day we're there, so that may cut down on crowds some.

Thanks in advance for any info!

There's limited snorkeling at Blackbeards, thus the reason for the treasure hunt, which means that you snorkel to find coins that you can trade in for souveniers. The beach has a rock jetty, and sandy bottom.

With an 8 year old, I'd do the stingrays, with or without food. You can always purchase the burger/hotdog etc on your own. it's not a feast.

With only 2 boats in, you should have plenty of space to enjoy the day.

here's a link to my web Blackbeard webshots.. you can see the rocks with the seagulls.. that's the only are with some juvenile fish.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557806724XBomqX

Just got back from blackbeards. There are probably 20 or more stingrays in a fairly large penned up area some fish also. I personally had a great time you get to feed them while you are there You can spend as much time as you want with them . The kids there seemed to like the experience. For $10 you can have a pic in the water holding one if you like. the beach area was nice also plenty of room and chairs. It looked like you could rent jet skis also. I took the powerboat excursion through Royal Caribbean It was a little more money , but only took 5 min to get there and back so I feel I had more time on the island . There are some great pics on webshots of the area if you want to get a idea of the area I will have some on there soon. There was a bar ,snack bar , suvenier shop , bathrooms and showers on the beach also

Have fun

Shaney

• 1 year later...

Archived