Upgrades

S&LS

Has Anyone Been Upgraded From An Ss To Sa?if Yes, Did You Pay And How Much Based On A 14 Day Cruise. Ha Is Asking 2840.00 Per Person And To Me It Can't Possibly Worth It

Thanks

We did get an upgrade from an SZ to an SC aft balcony cabin. It was a great surprise as this cabin is the cream of the crop for those who love the aft balconies. It was a complimentary upgrade. I consider paying extra to be an upsell. Our tablemates on this Westerdam cruise were also upgraded to full suites. It does happen but no one can predict when or how. We can say it really does happen on occasion.

Good luck,

GN

What you are referring to is an upsell, not an upgrade. The former is something you pay for while the latter is complimentary, dependent in part, upon supply and demand for certain cabin cats.

It does not sound like a bargain to me but on a square footage basis, the cost of your cruise declines at you move up the line. Is the extra space (and perks) worth it to you?

It was for a 10 day and we were offered an upsell from SS to SB for $249 or to an SA for $299. That was the total amount (not per person). I thought that was a great deal so I grabbed the SB! It was worth every penny. I don't think what they offered you was any bargain.

- Steve

I believe you DID get a bargain, Steve! Aren't those S suites just wonderful?

Yeah, but ignorance is bliss. It was so nice I felt compelled to book an SC for the next one!:eek:

Same thing happened on Celebrity. Got a free upgrade at check-in from verandah to a suite. After that it was all suites for us!

Maybe the upgrade/upsell fairy does this on purpose? :confused:

- Steve

Archived