San Juan Beach

brydie101

My husband and I are sailing to San Juan thru Carnival Miracle. We do not want to take a ship shore excursion to the beach, but rather park ourselves at the beach most of the day. I would like to sunbathe topless. Is this frowned upon in San Juan? Which beach should we visit and how do we get there? Thanks in advance as this is only my second cruise and our first was a nightmare.

Brydie:)

NO topless In San Juan

I'll build on top of this point, so you are clear. Puerto Rico is heavily Roman Catholic to the point of being very prudish. There is no topless sunbathing allowed anywhere in Puerto Rico. You could get fined if you do. You'll have to wait until you hit the islands that have more European influence.

Thank you for the info...I didnt realize how late we would be arriving in San Juan. Is there a do not miss destination in San Juan or do you recommend staying on the ship for the evening and venture out during the day for some shopping? Let me know what you think is a good thing to do in San Juan as this is only my second cruise and first time to PR. Thanks in advance.

Brydie

First of all, I love your icon! Disney will never forgive you!

I love Disney dearly, but I love the villains. Without them there would be no story. So, what better way to show my appreciation of Disney and still indulge my villain passion? Evil Mickey of course. Thanks for the icon notice. I worked hard on that.

Archived