The best tours in Curacao

wakayaker

We were in Curacao two weeks ago and we hired curacao_actief.com to take us on a beach tour. It was the most amazing day of our twelve days of cruising! Our guides Nick and Claire were awesome! It was like we were spending the day with two good friends! The beaches were the most beautiful I have seen. They also do many other tours and they are flexible when it comes to what you want to do and how long you want to stay at any place. I highly recommend this tour company!

We did a beach tour, which was great if you want to see some amazing beaches and experience some great snorkeling.

They have a cab (that they pay for) pick you up at the pier and take you to their office. The driver met us right out side the ship and was very friendly, I think his name is Ramsey. On the way the cab stops on top of the big bridge so you can get pictures of the town and the ship. Once you are at the office they go over with you what you would like to do for the day and then you leave from there. They will also stop at a store so you can get drinks or food to take along. Once you are done they bring you back to the ship. They seem like they will customize any kind of trip you want so just ask, they are very nice people.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

sandytoes,

We did the Desert & Caves Tour last month with Curacao-Actief, and it was just fantastic. Their driver, Ramsey, met us right at the pier and took us to meet our guide, Han. He was so great. This tour was an off-road trip in an open air jeep and went to several different caves and all through the desert. We also went to a geyser where we stood in the middle of it and the water shot up about 20 feet in the air. This company was extremely accommodating and Han was an excellent guide. They have many different tours on their web site to choose from. I would highly recommend them.

• 1 month later...

Charsacutter,

It wasn't really dune buggies. We rode in an open air jeep that held up to 8 people. A guide drove it, so we weren't off-roading on our own. It was a day-long tour that stopped at several locations. The name of the company is Curacao-Actief and you can go on their website and see all the different tours they offer.

Wakayaker - can you give me some idea of the cost of your beach and snorkelling day? It sounds exactly what I am looking for. What about tips?

Thanks for your help. I wll be checking out their website.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have some updated info on this company or the tour?? It sounds like stuff my family would be interested in. Did you stop and have beach time? What about lunch? How long were you gone?

Thanks.

Our tour lasted all day, from about 8:30 or 9 a.m. until around 4 p.m. They will work with you if you tell them what you are interested in doing. We did the Desert & Caves tour, which included lunch in the middle of the trip. I would highly recommend this company.

• 2 weeks later...

The stops this tour takes on the Desert & Caves sounds so cool. All I ever hear about is Hato Caves and this tour doesn't seem to stop there. :confused:

We're only on the island from 8:30 - 5:00 and it sounds like the all day tour may be tight on time. I'd also hate to be stuck dropping other people off at their hotels while I need to get back to the boat.

Thoughts?

We told them we wanted to be back at the ship about an hour before departure time, and it was no problem. They will work with you if you let them know. Also, the tour only held 8 people, so it's not like you would be with a huge group. We had 5 in our party and there were two other people that we stopped to pick up on the way, but with a total of only 8, there wouldn't be that many stops they would have to make. They were just a great company to deal with, and I think you'd be very pleased with them.

We just returned and did the north shore sightseeing and south shore snorkeling tour and it was super, just something else to make your decision harder.

They pack a lunch which included some luncheon meats as well as some chicken and tuna salads and some island oddities along with fruit. It was excellent.

OMG DMaugle!!! :eek: :D Thanks for the info, did you do both on the same day? We might see about making our own with a little from each if it can fit in our time allowed.

We did find a site [can't find it now though....haha] about atving on the island. Anyone hear about this?

Thanks

I got a some information from Curacao-actief about doing a half-day tour and it sounds like I can still see some good stuff. My only question is whether any of these stops are part of Hato Caves. There is some large cave called Kueba di Brua. Is that Hato Cave? :confused:

55J5-5,

We stopped at a huge bat cave and there was a big flat rock right near the entrance to the cave where it was shady, and this is where we had lunch. Our guide, Han, had a tablecloth and several containers in a cooler with the food. It was a simple but nice lunch with different kinds of lunchmeat, cheeses and salads and some delicious rolls that I believe were native to Holland, where he was from. You could make sandwiches or just have different things right on the plate. He had plenty of ice cold water and I think there were other drinks as well. He encouraged people to eat as much as they wanted. One thing you should be warned about, especially on an all-day tour is that there were no bathroom stops on the Desert & Caves tour. The guys just went off in the bushes, but I guess it could be a problem for women. I'm lucky that I could wait until we got back to the ship. If you think that would be a problem, I'd talk to them about it ahead of time. Maybe if you asked, there could be a way they could stop someplace along the way. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

thanks sunlover. I just sent an email asking the cost and such. We are a group of 7 so probably won't have anyone else join us. Great tip on the bathroom info!!:eek: Odd he never even asked if you or anyone else needed to use a bathroom.

Ok, anyone know if Curacao-Actief is having problems??? I emailed the form on the 17th, then sent an email the 19th and it is now the 21st and I still have not heard back from them. hmmmmmmm :confused:

Archived