Brig

VegasPinkGirl

This is probably a dumb question but..............

Do ships really have a brig on them? If so, where are they located? Do they really throw people into them? I've cruised before and I've always wondered about the brig. Not that I want to see it first hand. :) Just curious.

My first cruise was on a ship full of spring breakers and IMO several of them should have been put in the brig, if there was one.

Next cruise is next month on Enchantment of the Seas. Departs Ft. Lauderdale on 4/28.

Yes, ships really do have a brig. It is located in the crew/behind the scenes/restricted areas on most ships. Yes, they really do "throw people in them." Crew members more often than passenger though (unfortunately crew on crew crime does happen).

......I've always wondered about the brig. Not that I want to see it first hand. :) Just curious.

Another place you want to avoid would be the morgue.:eek:

Stuff happens at sea and they have to be prepared to handle it.

Charlie

Yes, there is a brig, a morgue, a medical facility etc...

On my "exotic Canada" cruise, there was a serious domestic issue and the man was thrown in the brig (that was a cruise from hell... we were supposed to go to Bermuda and ended up in Canada due to a hurricane... it wasn't hell for me we tried to have fun, but people were so upset)

also, on this same cruies a poor elderly man (who was in a wheelchair) died on board while at sea. They kept him at the morgue until we docked in Novia Scotia Canada and he and his travel companions took his body back home (I guesse by airplane). Also on my last cruise my neice got a flaming ear infection. So we were at the medical facility several times.

Never really knew about the morgue and brig until my Canada cruise several years ago.

Archived