FV guarantee?

DougK

I've been looking around at possible cruises this summer for a set of two adults and two kids, and trying to decide between doing either two cabins or a single FV. Not surprisingly, many possible dates show FV's as sold out. But I just ran across one where it's possible to book the FV for the 4 of us -- but only as a guarantee, not a specific cabin. I understand how guarantees normally work, allowing Celebrity to assign any cabin of that category or better. But I'm not quite sure how that applies to an FV, which is an unusual cabin to begin with (and where there's only a few of them on the ship). Could I end up "upgraded" to a Sky Suite, which is smaller than the FV, and less suitable for a party of 4? Or does Celebrity just assume that an FV cabin will become available, even if they're not sure which one as of now?

Has anybody run into this situation before?

Thanks much.

Doug

You might end up in a SkySuite, but I doubt it.

You will likely be in an FV, but whether it's a corner or not is an open question. In either case, it would be a score by all accounts. Check elesewhere on the site (search button, upper left) for more. And I will share more when we are back from our 2 weeks on Summit in an FV in two weeks.

- Stuart

If you can, book the FV guarantee on an M class ship. Make sure you put in the reservation NO UPGRADES. When it comes time to assign cabins, if X needs to move people, you should retain your FV. Make sure your TA is ADAMANT about NO upgrades. You will generally make someone else very happy if upgrades are made.

Very good cabins for family with kids or a couple with an inlaw. The sliding divider gives everyone some privacy. And with two TV's, there is no fighting over movie vs news or the daily lecture. The bathrooms are rather small. That is the only drawback I can see. The closet and cabinet space is excellent. Enjoy!!!

Archived