Weird shaped cabins w/big balconies

sls

Has anyone stayed or seen cabin 7316/7319 on Destiny or 7416/7419 on the Triumph or Victory. They have bigger balconies and on the floor plans they sort of look "w" shaped. I'm wondering what all is in them. The brochure says queen size bed. Is there also a couch or chairs. I can't find a picture of this specific cabin on any site. We have 7316 booked on the Destiny but if there isn't anywhere for my DH to sit and drink his coffee in the morning I'm going to have to change it.

Thanks for the help.

sls

I can't explain it, but I think it is a good deal. We have a similar cabin booked on the Valor and have been told that the stairway requires the odd configuration. You get a room that may seem smaller, but a much, much larger balcony. My only concern is potential noise from the stairwell, if the crew is using it.

We had the L shaped cabin right below the ones you're talking about on the Victory and absolutely LOVED IT!! We've already booked the same cabin on the Glory for next year! It actually seems larger ( to me) than the regular balcony cabins! Perhaps it's the layout and the queen bed. We were in 6424 and our friends were next door in 6432. We opened up the divider between the balconies for a super long balcony! You can't go wrong! We had 4 closets, a couch, chair, table, vanity area, two huge windows with the queen bed in between. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have! We never heard any noise from the stairwell.

Have a great cruise!

Laura

sls,

We are booked in the same cabin (7316) on the Destiny in January. I would love to hear all about it when you return. My PVP at Carnival said those are the cabins she trys to get for her family and friends. My DH's only requirement was a queen bed instead of twins pushed together. I get a balcony out of the deal since there were no non-balconys with queen beds.

katie

I had one of the aft corner balcony cabins is this the same type of cabin. In any case there is a couch and small table and chair in all balcony rooms. If you are in a 9a balcony cabin you will love it and there is no noise from the stairs the back of the ship is very quiet. I have a corner balcony on the Valor and had one on the Triumph veranda deck. Linda

Linda,

Destiny 7316 is next door to the corner cabin and is a category 8_. I tried to talk Carnival into giving me a 9a for the pp balcony promo rate, but no such luck. I'll just have to hope for an upgrade to one. Thanks for the info.

katie

Katie,

Okay I'll give you the scoop when I get back. We are taking SS and DIL on their first cruise. Since we're paying we got them an OV GTY so maybe they'll get upgraded. We decided to pick a room and not take chances. Our PVP recommended it also.

sls

• 2 weeks later...
We had the L shaped cabin right below the ones you're talking about on the Victory and absolutely LOVED IT!! We've already booked the same cabin on the Glory for next year! It actually seems larger ( to me) than the regular balcony cabins! Perhaps it's the layout and the queen bed. We were in 6424 and our friends were next door in 6432. We opened up the divider between the balconies for a super long balcony! You can't go wrong! We had 4 closets, a couch, chair, table, vanity area, two huge windows with the queen bed in between. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have! We never heard any noise from the stairwell.

Have a great cruise!

Laura

Does anyone have pictures of either of these rooms?

I have some photos but they aren't digital. I don't have a scanner either. I'll be happy to send you some by snail mail!

Let me know!

Laura

P.S. A CC member by the name of cabin4four has some. Perhaps you can send out an SOS for her!

We had a cat 9 wraparound on the Glory last year. There was no couch but it seemed roomier.We loved it. The shower was smaller than the others. The balcony was great, we love the panoramic view, but no privacy. If you're out there in your robe, drinking your morning brew, make sure your robe is closed.

How about those weird cabins, I think these are what the op was talking about.

7434 and 7439 on Glory. They are kind of w shaped. Is there a couch in those?

The wierd shaped cabins are great. Yes there is a couch in all of them. The balcony is just a little bit large than a regular balcony. We did not experience any noise at all from the stairwell. Also, on the Desitny class ships, your doorway, along with the doorway to the suite on the back, is not really in the main hall. It is in an alcove at the end of the hall, and that really helps reduce hallway noise. It is great, and well worth the few extra $$$$.

We have this type cabin several times on the Victory ..we loved it ..felt like a suite to me :) ...it was an 8A...we too have friends next door to us and opened up the divider ...had lots of fun on the balcony with other cruisers in our group too...

I have pics somewhere ...and when I find them will post the link here ..

Plenty of room for DH to have coffee for sure :)

One nice thing is the bed is one that is not 2 beds pushed together but just one queen mattress ...so that is a nice feature I think too...

No problem with noise from the stairs...sometimes we did however smell food (suppose from the Lido deck kitchen possibly) ..but it was not a problem for us ...

Enjoy the cabin ...and the Victory ...

Thanks... Love the pictures! What Cabin # was that? You said you didn't have any privacy...why? Can the upper decks see right into your balcony?

Real nice pictures of you and your hubby!!!

Maddie

Cabin 8433 on the Verandah deck. Privacy is a matter of perception. When I stood at the rail, (on the very back) people on the lido deck could see me. The balcony on the side is covered. That's the beauty of the wrap-around balcony.

Archived