^^Bras^^

worf3

I love the smooth lineless bras too. Can't stand the cones, or the bras that show patterns thru the smoothest of clothes.

Girls at work had a bra fitter come in, measure then prescribe size, cup etc. They are fantastic bra's but.............. pointed cone look, flatten the small size gals and are built like a sherman tank. I just couldn't!!! Yes, they were great for work but who wants to have one of these ruin a great looking suit??????

I love the smooth lineless bras too. Can't stand the cones, or the bras that show patterns thru the smoothest of clothes.

Girls at work had a bra fitter come in, measure then prescribe size, cup etc. They are fantastic bra's but.............. pointed cone look, flatten the small size gals and are built like a sherman tank. I just couldn't!!! Yes, they were great for work but who wants to have one of these ruin a great looking suit??????

I so agree!! While lacy bras (and I do have a few) are certainly pretty in the bedroom, they are difficult to wear under certain tops - knits and thinner fabrics. I won't wear a bra that shows bumps and patterns through my blouse or sweater, or has an unnatural shape to it. Plus, those formed cup bras don't have the support of the others...your boobs just sort of sit there and bounce around. Nice for low cut tops if you want to show off some jiggle (and yeah I imagine that is why they sell:p !) but not for me.

I don't find the VS bras to be cheap. You have to handle them with care. I hand wash all of my bras and, as long as they don't get ruined by clothes bleeding on them (like what happened to me) they last quite a while. The Body by Victoria bras are made very well and they support well. I love VS....makes me feel pretty, especially if I'm wearing a matching set of bra and panties in a pretty color under my clothes. :)

Anyone got a tried and true style or make?? I can't find anything that I like. Either they bag, sag, rumple, straps are too thin, too thick, bands are too thin, or ride up. Underwire or not?

How could anyone possibly answer that question without knowing how you're built?

Truth is everyone is different and no one bra style is a universal fit. Your best bet is to go into the bra dept of a good department store or a lingerie specialty store and work with an expert fitter. Most bra specialty stores will do custom alterations for little or not money as well. The bra store that I shop in charges $5.00 for some custom altering a bra.

In my opinion, I would exclude Victoria's Secret. I don't think they have the quality you'll need to address your problems nor the fit and alteration experts.

Can anyone tell me why my bra straps perpetually fall off my shoulders? I mean, most of my life I've been pulling them up, and I've got pretty broad shoulders from my swimming team days in junior high school. I've got some new bras that fall off less than any others, but they fall, too.

I welcome any and all suggestions.

Here are some possibilities:

1. The straps are too loose.

2. You're choosing a bra style with straps on the outer edge of the cup and so too wide for your build.

3. Your shoulders are very narrow.

Go to a fit expert to determine the problem. If it's not a fit problem then a bra with a racer back or a bra with convertible straps made into an X in the back will solve the problem.

Here are some possibilities:

1. The straps are too loose.

2. You're choosing a bra style with straps on the outer edge of the cup and so too wide for your build.

3. Your shoulders are very narrow.

Go to a fit expert to determine the problem. If it's not a fit problem then a bra with a racer back or a bra with convertible straps made into an X in the back will solve the problem.

I think you're onto something with #2. And I've bought many a racer back just to avoid the slipping, but right now I've only got one. And, of course, you can't always wear the racer back, depending upon the shape of a garment's neckline.

Thanks.

I think you're onto something with #2. And I've bought many a racer back just to avoid the slipping, but right now I've only got one. And, of course, you can't always wear the racer back, depending upon the shape of a garment's neckline.

Thanks.

At most fabric stores, you can find a "clip" that you can attach to your straps to keep them in place. It's an elastic band that clips onto the straps and you can adjust it up or down the straps as well.

Thanks.

I have medium wide shoulders and have found that the bra's with the "demi" cups often have straps sewn at the very widest edge and sit closer to the edge of my shoulders.

Glad to possibly have shed some light for you. :)

I remember the first time I tried on bras at Victoria's Secret. I thought, my god that's what a bra should feel like!

My tried tested and true is the VS Secret Embrace. Not only is it the most comfortable bra I've ever worn, it makes my breasts look great without all kinds of crazy fake push up stuff inside, and comes in so many cute colors and designs. Seriously, this bra is great.

I'm from Canada so I have to drive down to the US to get my fix of VS and it is always worth the trip!

Princess ..why not just shop through their catalogue?

Interestingly, the Canadian lingerie chain La Senza was bought out by Limited Brands Inc. which owns Victoria's Secret for $710 M! This sale was part of a court settlement over La Senza having stolen a VS bra design. There was talk about shutting down La Senza Girl and making way for higher end Victoria's Secret in Canada. Apparently it's still on the drawing boards.:p

Archived