Towels

JimP

Last year on the Carnival Boards it was a big topic as to whether or not you should take beach towels from home for your excursions or whether you just relied on ship towels. The issue was a concern that if you happened to loose a towel that Carnival would charge a substantial amount. This must not be a problem with Princess as I don't see it mention, at least on the new boards. Any experiences?

Princess has blue and white beach towel. Your cabin steward will bring 1pp to your cabin each day. If you want more, just ask. It has been said, if you lose it, you will be charged, but I have not seen a review that someone has been charged, and I am sure, some have been forgotten!!

Last year on the Carnival Boards it was a big topic as to whether or not you should take beach towels from home for your excursions or whether you just relied on ship towels. The issue was a concern that if you happened to loose a towel that Carnival would charge a substantial amount. This must not be a problem with Princess as I don't see it mention, at least on the new boards. Any experiences?

That is because the penalty for loss of a towel on a Princess ship is exection, they are very strict. ;) I don't know of a fee but then again I have never lost one. I believe you can purchase one for about $10.

People do take them and leave them behind on the beach. We have seen it often. To comabt the issue Princess was notifing passengers that lost towels would result in a room charge. This was on the March Spring break western Grand princeess trip. Not sure what the charge would be though.

We always asked for extra pool towels and had no problem getting them. We didn't lose any, but I did hear someone saying something about the B.S. that Princess was making them pay for those stupid blue and white towels.:confused:

Once we saw a bin to drop them into on a Princess ship when re-boarding. The room steward is supposed to account for all the towels and I then wondered how they could possibly to that. We once put ours in a drawer and received two new ones. Never did a charge show up even though they were still in the drawer the morning we departed.

Once we saw a bin to drop them into on a Princess ship when re-boarding. The room steward is supposed to account for all the towels and I then wondered how they could possibly to that. We once put ours in a drawer and received two new ones. Never did a charge show up even though they were still in the drawer the morning we departed.

Agree. We noticed same. Also, we noticed bags staged in the hallway full of pool/beach towels that were unattended and obviously staged for those that needed them. This was on the day our steward did not supply them, and we tipped him well upon arrival at the beginning of the cruise. Maybe this is an exception to the rule and they had laundry trouble that day, but they couldn't have possibly been accounting for the towels in this instance.

I read somewhere here that if the towels are left too long on a chair poolside the attentants pick them up in order to stop chair saving. But I'll bet some get picked up that shouldn't, how could Princess possibly charge you for towels they have in their possession. Doesn't make sense.

Archived