Mini-suites or higher level balcony?

hospsafe

Is it better to be in a min-suite on the Dolphin level closer to the indoor activities or in an upper level balcony?

We have never done a Princess cruise before. (Carnival and RC) We have always been within one deck of the pool level. But it is our 5th anniversary...we keep going back and forth between the 2.

For us there are equal arguments for both.

Thanks for your help.

One thing to consider is that on the Dolphin minis, the balcony is completely uncovered, which some don't care for.

The Caribe deck balcony cabins have half covered and half uncovered, which I believe is better.

Have a great cruise.

You don't mention which ship you are referring to, but on the Crown, Dolphin is deck 9. Most indoor activities take place on decks 5, 6, and 7. Caribe, deck 10, is not much further from the action.

Having stayed in a mini suite and a regular balcony cabin on Caribe deck on the Crown, I can tell you it's a trade-off. The balconies on Caribe deck are huge by cruising standards, but the cabins themselves are much smaller than the mini suites on Dolphin deck. Personally, the larger balcony tips the scales in favor of the smaller cabin on Carib deck for me.

IMHO, the distance your cabin is from the elevator/stairs is much more important than which level you are on when you are trying to get around the ship.

Lew

Archived