Just back from the Brilliance 10 day Panama Canal

Hi everyone,

Sadly, my cruise is over. We had a wonderful time. The Brilliance is a beautiful ship with friendly attentive staff.

I think the Panama itinerary is a great one. Aruba and Costa Rica were my favorite stops.

I will be posting my review shortly. I am happy to answer questions in the mean time.

My first tip is to use Shelley from Just Because!!!

I was thrilled with the wine I ordered and it was delivered to my cabin as promised. Very reasonable prices. I learned about her service here on these boards. Thanks.

:) :)

I'd like to hear about your stop in Limon. Look forward to reading your review.

Mark

My wife and I took the Canal cruise in January and loved it. In Port Limon we took the train, boat, and banana plantation tour, it was great.

See photos of Port Limon starting here...:)

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2235149400080875955GzCrJa

BILL

I heard that the 10-11 day panama canal really draws the senior crowd. Can you comment?

We were on the BOS early February and did not find overly skewed to the seniors. I thought there was a fairly good mix of passengers in their 40-50 and 60s. There were even some toddlers/infants.

Yes, my review is coming this week

Yes, I do think that the seniors were the prevalant demographic group indeed. My husband and I are in our 40's. We felt very young! Lots of seniors. But there were some families too. It was a sold out cruise with I believe they said 50 kids in all on the ship. Adventure Ocean was fun but quiet. I did also see some large family reunion type groups too.

I loved Costa Rica. We did a tour with Oscar Brown.

We did the beautiful aerial tram and the canals. I wish I had more time at this stop for sure.:)

Archived