Can NCL excursions be booked online?

Essbee

I can't find a place on ncl.com to book excurions online. All I can find is a link to an order form which you have to print out and mail. Surely there is a way to book excursions online...pretty sure I've done it that way with other cruise lines! Anyone?

I can't find a place on ncl.com to book excurions online. All I can find is a link to an order form which you have to print out and mail. Surely there is a way to book excursions online...pretty sure I've done it that way with other cruise lines! Anyone?

I had the same problem. I have always booked excursions with RCCL that way. I eventually called them to book them. Seems crazy huh? If I remember correctly she said something about them possibly upgrading the system in the future. I booked our excursions about 3 months ago for a cruise this Sat. Apparently they still haven't upgraded yet.

Good luck!

Lori

yes, you can book online, go to ncl page, then shore excursions, pick the port , and excursion, then there is a page where you put in your #res number, then another page for you to tick your names etc , and they will send an email confirmation within 72 hrs, if it is still available

here's the link

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/shorexLanding.html;jsessionid=GRn8Y5dM0Xw1BN1V5QlV2LlpsCHjTDwf!-1901257724

So far, for me, this has been the one area of the new website that seems to work fairly well. I've submitted 3 different shore excursion request online -- all at different times -- and received 3 emails indicating that the reservations have been confirmed.

I do, however, think that the website is a little confusing. Once you select the destination and port of call, it brings up a list of excursions available at that port (defaults to 5 at a time), and underneath the area where you selected the destination and port is another "continue" button. That will take you to a secondary screen where it looks like you can print a PDF form to fax in. On the right hand side of that screen, where you don't really notice it, is the area to enter your reservation number and last name to book them online.

You can also, once you've identified your preferred excursion, click the "details" to read more about it, click the "continue" button right underneath the description and end up at that same secondary screen.

yes, utefan..it's really ALL ABOUT reading the whole page.(of each page)

and investigate .

Thanks, everyone. As far as "it's all about [investigating] the whole page," a person shouldn't have to try too hard...the common phrase in web-interface design is "don't make me think!" If a function is not obvious, then it can get overlooked. It's surprising that a site like NCL's has any interface-design problems at all, in this day and age!

We booked out excursions on the Star online and our tickets were waiting in our cabin when we boarded. That was nearly two years ago so I can't say if it's changed.

. As far as "it's all about [investigating] the whole page," a person shouldn't have to try too hard...!

my DH for one, would never get us anywhere if I let him book anything for us, if it doesn't "jump out of the screen and grab his hand to direct him to it"...then it's not there...

Someone also just told me that if you have pop-up windows blocked, you won't get the info to book online. Often, if a site requires a pop-up to function, it will make sure you know. NCL's doesn't. Hence, why I couldn't find the info I needed. Just a bit of bad interface design! (Back to "investigating" a page--if you can't see the page, and you don't even know it exists, you can't "investigate"!)

I was wondering if it might be a pop-up issue. My computer here at work can't have the pop-up blocker turned on, or I can't access our online banking system.

Good information for those of you who might be having difficulties!

Archived