Enchantment Cabin Question

So I'd really like to stay in one of the new cabins and, after searching through the threads here, I think we're booked in one right now (2083). I just saw that RCL is offering a free upgrade on our sailing and was thinking of calling to see if they'll honor it. Unfortunately, it looks like only "old" cabins are available on those decks. 4059, 4063, 4563, 4763, and 4765.

Is it worth it to move up or should I stick with my Deck 2 cabin? The upgrade is only within the same cabin type, so it's not like we'll move from our inside to a balcony. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jen

9/15/07 - Enchantment of the Seas

9/17/05 - Empress of the Seas

9/16/04 - Fantasy

9/25/03 - Enchantment of the Seas

Deck 4 is where the lower My Fair Lady dining room is so this would be more convenient to get to it or even the upper portion on deck 5 or the other public areas on that deck or 6. We prefer not taking elevators so this would be our choice. I don't know how much nicer the new cabins are over the old. You even seem to be unsure whether you even have a new cabin booked at the moment.

Deck 4 is where the lower My Fair Lady dining room is so this would be more convenient to get to it or even the upper portion on deck 5 or the other public areas on that deck or 6. We prefer not taking elevators so this would be our choice. I don't know how much nicer the new cabins are over the old. You even seem to be unsure whether you even have a new cabin booked at the moment.

Our current cabin is right on the edge of where the "line" is on deck 3 (did an overlay of the plans), so it's possible that it's an old one, but I'm optomistic. As for the new vs old, I've heard that the only major difference is the shower. New cabins have a curved glass door instead of the nasty shower curtain. I'm all about ditching that shower curtain!

Good point on the stairs access for deck 4 and 5. We tend not to use the elevators either since we then feel less guilty for having dessert every night. :)

After much searching through the forum, it appears that 4589 is in the new section and was available, so I went for the upgrade. Might be a bit noisy, but we stay up late and use ear plugs at night, so no biggie for us. Yay! Now.... if September can just arrive sooner....

That's great. You now have the best of both, new cabin on deck 4. Have a fantastic cruise.

Are you doing the 4 or 5 nights cruise? I was going to say maybe we would join you but we prefer the longer cruises. We were on Enchantment four years ago and enjoyed our cruises on her very much.

We're doing the 5 night to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. We did the Cozumel/Key West sailing a few years ago (4 night) and loved it. Mom and I are both really excited to see the changes to the ship.

The new cabins really do look identical to the old ones. The only difference is the bathroom, where the shower has a sliding door instead of a curtain. I would not pay more for one. There are pictures in my signature.

How do you know which cabins are new? What numbers would they be?

From what I've read, the easiest thing to do is print out the deck plans (make sure they aren't set to any auto-scale formatting) and line them up using the elevators as a constant point. The D1 cabins on Deck 8 and Boleros on Deck 5 are all the new section. So... any cabins on other decks that are in that same area should be new.

If you do a search for "new cabin enchantment" you'll find quite a few threads with people discussing the new cabin numbers.

I've been on Enchantment before. The old cabins were nice and have now been upgraded, so I wouldn't be concerned if you get booked in one of them. In fact, my only draw to the new cabin is the shower curtain. I hate clingy shower curtains and wanted to avoid the creative engineering we went through last time to keep the curtain from sticking to us in the shower. :)

Archived