Bridge Tours

Will be on LOS in July and very interested in touring the ship's bridge. Are bridge tours routinely available or is this something special and has to be arranged. Any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

When we did the Baltics on Jewel in August of 2005, the Bridge Tour was one of the tours offered to D+ pax. Capt. MacDonald gave us over an hour of his time and was most gracious.

When we did our b2b on Radiance last September/October, the Bridge Tour was marked unavailable on our selection card.

I guess it depends upon the Captain.

I will be on the Mariner of The Seas in December and would love to see the bridge. We were on the Carnival Liberty last year and they would not allow people on the bridge due to September 11. I just want to drive the boat and push the bottons!!!:D

I will be on the Mariner of The Seas in December and would love to see the bridge. We were on the Carnival Liberty last year and they would not allow people on the bridge due to September 11. I just want to drive the boat and push the bottons!!!:D

Don't we all!!:D :D :D :D

On our last cruise, we got to the Captain's table for dinner and we were invited to tour the Bridge toward the end of the cruise. However, we were told that the dinner was the only way to be invited to tour the Bridge on Voyager. Now, if you join in the other thread I just saw speculating on how to get an invite to the Captain's table--you've got something.

On the Serenade the entire Meet & Mingle was invited for a bridge tour. Over the course of several days small groups of 10 -12 were given a tour. We were even permited to sit in the Captains chair but warned not to touch any buttons. It was cool, especially the glass floor at the wings that jutt out from the bridge.

So I wonder what my chances would be of being able to get a look at the radio room? I'm an amateur radio operator (ham) and also work in commercial broadcasting. I'd love to check it out.

Mark

We are Diamond members. On the Explorer we asked the Conceirge if we could do a galley tour. He said they only do the other tour. I said...."That would be great". All the while I was praying he meant Bridge tour. As luck would have it that is exactly what he meant.

I got to go with Parrothead8..... here is a pic :) http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/coming_soonexplorer/dsc_0342.html

(Kathy...hope you don't mind me posting it ;) )

If you go all the way up to the front of the ship on deck 11, there is a window where you can stand and look down into the bridge. You can see everything on the bridge, just like you are on it (well, almost). So, instead of going towards the windjammer through the solarium, go outside on deck 11 and go to the front. We found it the first day last week and went there two or three times as we were leaving port to see the harbor master drive us out of the harbor.

Bridge tours are fascinating for many of us. They are made available to Diamond Plus, and others at the captains discretion. Sometimes a simple note to the captain will get you on the bridge.

Rick

How do you get a note to the captain?

Archived