If I book an OV Guarantee on Carnival Legend ---

TropicalisRex

Sorry about this "noob" question --- but I've been asking a lot of different people this question and getting different answers. I've read the "guarantee room" explanation on the resources.

So here's my question: If I book an OV Guaranteed room on Carnival Legend, does that mean I'm going to get an obstructed view? Or is it just a chance of this? I would not like that at all. My friend, who has been on 7 Carnival cruises, says he always books the OV Guarantee, and sometimes has been upgraded to a balcony, most other times has french doors, and on only one occasion, has gotten a picture window instead of a higher upgrade. None of these were on Spirit class, however. He says he's never gotten an obstruction, and he books the guarantee for the chance of an upgrade.

I would love a picture window, or any of the above upgrades, but not an obstructed view! I know I don't get to pick unless I spend more money, but I was just wondering! I think a view of the lifeboats would remind me of what could (not likely) but could happen. So --- please help me! :)

The best thing to do is look at the ship's deck plan and then a picture of the ship. Obstructed views typically deal with where the lifeboats are located.

We've book a balcony guarantee on the Destiny. The life boats are on the same area as the public decks and should not present a problem.

We booked an assigned room on the Miracle because of the potential for an obstructed view.

Common thoughts on guarantees are, book the least acceptable cabin for you. In our case, we want a balcony but really do not care where it is located. We find the 8a category is very acceptable. We only want to pay the least amount for this stateroom.

If you book an OV guarantee, you are guaranteed at least an OV or better. The problem is the "better". An OV is a cat 6. The higher the number, the better in Carnival's view. The problem is, the obstructed view cabins are cat 7, which, per Carnival, is an upgrade from cat 6. So, you could get upgraded from an OV to a cat 7 which is a balcony cabin with an obstructed view. The only way to avoid this is to book a balcony (cat 8) guarantee ...

If you book an OV guarantee, you will get at least this ...

SpiritOV.jpg

But you could get upgraded to this ...

Pride4143.jpg

Wow. Thanks for the pics. If I got the latter, I'd be keeping my curtains drawn. :(

But then again, I think I'll be happy just BEING on a cruise. So all in all, talked with hubby, I think we're going to book the OV guarantee. The extra couple hundred pp. difference in booking a balcony guarantee vs. an ov guarantee will make the difference in whether we get to do shore excursions or end up wandering around in port on our own.

Like everyone says, if our cabin is not what we like, then there are plenty of places on board to see the ocean.

Thanks to you both for your help!

~Liz~

No because an ocweanview guarantee is a higher catagory then an obstucted oceanview. Now since the Legend is a spirit class ship and has more balconies then just plain oceanivews you could be booke dup to a balcony with an obstucted view.

but I will be honest with you; in 12 cruises, I have had insides, oceanviews, obstucted oceanviews, balconies and an even an atrruim stateroom on RCI MOS. I love the balconies and I like my atruim stateroom on RCI but I would just as soon have an inside cabin as an oceanview except for the morning light and you get the light still with an obstucted oceanview. You will NOT sit and look out your stateroom window for long-believe me-but IF you have a balcony-you WILL spend lots of time outside on that.

Archived